Styling Lower Front Spoiler

Currently reading:
Styling Lower Front Spoiler

VanHine

Does anyone know where I can get a lower front spoiler for my X in the United States? Mine is completely missing and my dad is planning on making one but if I can find one it would probably be better.

Hi i think i might have one as well will have to have a look, i will not get back home until 31/8 only home for 4days but will try and have a look then drop me a note

Last edited by a moderator:
I just removed a few email addresses from this thread, I would highly reccommend that you use the PM system here to avoid posting your email on the open forum, where everyone and anyone can see it.

All buying and selling of parts should be done by using the classifieds system on the forum, it is there to protect both buyer and seller (y) https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/

or just keep it to the PM's ;)

Matt Brannon typically only has the spoiler for the 79 and earlier cars (metal piece). Those seem to be relatively easy to come by. He also has a repo part for the early cars in fiberglass.

What most of us hunting for a spoiler are trying to find is the black plastic version that fits between the "elephant ears" that fit around and under the late model X1/9s (1980 to 1989). Being plastic, and low to the ground, they tend to get eaten by curbs and such, and are much harder to find, particularly in the US.

Matt has acquired a nice condition spoiler to use as a pattern and eventually will be selling repos of this piece in fiberglass. Until then, we have to wait or continue our hunt on the internet.

So, having said all of that, anyone out there have a nice condition version of the late model spoiler to sell?

Matt Brannon typically only has the spoiler for the 79 and earlier cars (metal piece). Those seem to be relatively easy to come by. He also has a repo part for the early cars in fiberglass.

What most of us hunting for a spoiler are trying to find is the black plastic version that fits between the "elephant ears" that fit around and under the late model X1/9s (1980 to 1989). Being plastic, and low to the ground, they tend to get eaten by curbs and such, and are much harder to find, particularly in the US.

Matt has acquired a nice condition spoiler to use as a pattern and eventually will be selling repos of this piece in fiberglass. Until then, we have to wait or continue our hunt on the internet.

So, having said all of that, anyone out there have a nice condition version of the late model spoiler to sell?
Alot of guys in the US want to ditch their big bumpers and run '74/Euro style bumpers, or none at all and/or want to run an early style grill and metal chin spoiler. Id suggest finding one of these guys and either offer a trade of your metal spoiler for their plastic one, or perhaps ebay, I see them fairly often there.

I don't have the metal one, either. I don't believe FIAT put the metal one on the late model cars. I'm not interested in selling off the metal one from my 74 as I will be restoring that car as soon as I'm finished with the 80. Plus, as I said, the metal spoiler is available here and the one I have isn't in the best condition.

Check with the guys over at Xweb, I wouldn't be surprised if someone would put one in the mail for you as early as tomorrow. They're really the best group of X1/9 enthusiasts in the states

Hey, Matt @ Midwest eventually got one for me. Eastep -- mine 80 is gold like the car in your photo. I recently uploaded photos of the finished car here in the gallery.

P1070984.jpg

Back