Technical Headlight start/finish position?

Currently reading:
Technical Headlight start/finish position?

popsprocket

Wait, I payed for this?
Hi guys, Jimbro pointed me in the right direction and I found the thread he was referring to about headlights not popping up or down.

So I replaced the problem diode and went to test it to make sure I'd got it all right and the start/finish position of the headlight has changed (i.e. it winds until it is popped up about an inch).

What is it that governs the start/finish position, I would like to know before I take the motor back out to replace its other diode.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi there,

You need to set the little crank in the right position on the motor output gear. With the motor in the parked position, pods either "up" or "down", the crank and the push/pull rod should lie in a straight line. Think of a piston and con rod at top dead centre or bottom dead centre and you will see how the crank should look.

If you have a 1500 car, check that you have the correct 5 pin changeover relays in the fusebox. The circuitry is designed to electromechanically brake the motors when they park, to stop them quickly. With 4 pin relays you lose the braking feature. If you do have 4 pin relays, don't try 5 pin normal relays as you will blow fuses!

Cheers R

Back