General worlds fastest X19

Currently reading:
General worlds fastest X19

jonny hotnuts

With only 57 days until speedweek at the Bonneville salt flats the car is almost ready to go. Everything mechanical is working and I just need to finish up some loose ends (finish firewall, run the lines to the firebottles ect..) do some body work and shoot the car.

THis year I am going for the Modified Sports H class gas record of 151 mph and the fuel record of 0. Next year with the blower motor I am going for the blown gas record of 205 mph and the blown fuel record of 0.

Picture_0631.jpg

Last edited:
What's a fuel record? 0 mpg?

What qualifies as 'Modified Sports H class?'

Just wondering if any other Fiats would qualify?

The world speed trails run different classes....everything from unlimited displacement blown fuel streamliners (well over 400 mph/ 644 kph) to 50 cc vintage motorcycles.
Within these classes there are 4 categories:
GAS (you must run the supplied gas...there are about 8 to choose from)
FUEL (you can run anything you bring....nitro....whatever)
BLOWN GAS (both supercharged or turbo’ed)
BLOWN FUEL

The "H" stands for the displacement of the motor... for every type car or bike there is motor classes......

k=.507 and under
J=.508 to .750
I=.754 to 1.015
H=1.016 to 1.523
G=1.524 to 2.015
and so on until

A= 7.210 to 8.209
AA is unlimited

The fuel record for modified sports H is open....it has never been run so if I run 600+ or 5 kph.....if I can make 2 passes I will have a record....the same with blown fuel.

One of the qualifications for running in the sports or GT class is that it needs to be sports type car without a back seat that is designed for continued adult occupancy....like the MR2....Vette....RX7...Porsche and the Fiat X. Other Fiats may qualify as a GT or Sports.

Any car can be made to run....it only depends on what class you would be in.
If your car has a back seat then you would be running in Competition Coupe, Altered Coupe or Gas Coupe.

(BTW) there are many teams that run from the UK including Andy Green (holds the unlimited landspeed record @ over mach 1) who last year ran the JBC diesel streamliner to over 300 mph and others from all over the world including Austraila, Japan, Germany....(I guess it is not too big of a deal to get a car shipped)
ca_overview_top.jpg

Looks a little front heavy

It may look it but it is not.....I wish it was.
The nose has a metal frame but is all foam and fiberglass.....it really does not weigh much.
Not to get too technical but it is very important to have the "center of pressure in front of the center of gravity" to maintain stability.
Weight has almost no affect on top speed and with the salt being somewhat slippery many people add ballast to get traction.
I may have to add weight to the front if the car starts getting loose.

If you have not seen the movie Worlds Fastest Indian it gives a good prospective about LSR.

Also check out:
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/bvillelinks.htm
http://www.landracing.com/
http://scta-bni.org/

Last edited:
Back