Styling Yep another grill thread

Currently reading:
Styling Yep another grill thread

Ok some tool gave my front a slight bump. As a result my lower grill has popped out along its top edge. I have tried pushing it back but the bumper just flexs. I read that the upper grill needs to come out so I reach behind and then push it back.

Anyway I thought while I'm having to remove the grill anyway I might as well change it as I'm not overly keen on it anyway.

Ideally a gloss black, honeycomb pattern with badge emplacement - if anyone knows if this exists. Failing I might have to make one

The Fiat chrome ones are nice looking but £150+

Badgeless is not an option really

One last thing. How hard do you have to pull the upper grill. I have seen the youtube video before anyone posts it. Mine wont budge

Attachments

• punto grill.jpg
    punto grill.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
HI, I dont think that a honeycomb one exists that has everything you want as the t-jet badge wouldnt fit due to the clasps which hold it onto the current grill.

Are you definatley wanting it honeycomb?

I had a problem with my grills and getting it out just got to keep pulling it try going at either end and pull from the top corners first this helped mine once you have one clip out the others follow :)

Hope this helps!

Ye I'll give that a go

I know the T-Jet badge would need ammending in order to fit

decided I am just going to make my own. Its taken less than 10 minutes to find the parts needed

This will become a progress thread :p

The plan is to

- Buy a standard upper & lower grill. Remove the inside grid pattern and replace with honeycomb. Trim accordingly and plastic weld.

- Following this I will take the badge plate from the original grill and attach to the new honeycomb'd grill - making sure i get the middle or that will be a 'chin up'

- Give a few coats of plasti-dip or gloss black (undecided)

- Then get the new T-Jet badge and smooth off the clips on the back. Then possibly plastic weld it from behind - unsure might need advice on that bit

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.p...-grille-mesh/91791d49d25deed86ac9c090ceeed256

Hopefully this should work. Quite a bit of work for such a subtle mod. But subtle mods are the best & should be unique

Last edited:
That grille mesh looks good, will like to see the result and how it looks no other GP will be the same which is a good thing :)

Why not use your own grilles intead of buying some new ones?

You should make a hole in the mesh to attach the T-Jet badge onto the grill and plastic weld from behind.

That grille mesh looks good, will like to see the result and how it looks no other GP will be the same which is a good thing :)

Why not use your own grilles intead of buying some new ones?

You should make a hole in the mesh to attach the T-Jet badge onto the grill and plastic weld from behind.

Because Id like to put it back to 'how it left the factory' look when I come to sell. Which wont be for a while anyway but is a sort of experiment and dont want to drive round grill-less in the mean time :D

It would be good if I could get this done and fitted for the Trafford Centre meet on the 30th

Last edited:
Because Id like to put it back to 'how it left the factory' look when I come to sell. Which wont be for a while anyway but is a sort of experiment and dont want to drive round grill-less in the mean time :D

It would be good if I could get this done and fitted for the Trafford Centre meet on the 30th

That is a good reason to not want to do it to be honest :p

Gives yourself some good time to take your time with it and get it right!

zunsport make grilles just like the picture in chrome and black got a black one on my sporting looks good and they are easy to fit but coz the use metal clips they are not that easy to take off again anyway have a peek at their website

If you still need advice on popping the bottom grill back in. I had the exact same issue with the bumper flexing. I just got a rubber mallet and bashed it back in, it works because the bumper doesn't have time to flex and it just flies in. Also, put some silicone spray on the tabs which hold the grill in to make it easier. (y)

zunsport make grilles just like the picture in chrome and black got a black one on my sporting looks good and they are easy to fit but coz the use metal clips they are not that easy to take off again anyway have a peek at their website

Ye I've seen them but they are not quite what I want. Making it seems the only way. Going scrappy tomo to pick up cheap grill to mod

If you still need advice on popping the bottom grill back in. I had the exact same issue with the bumper flexing. I just got a rubber mallet and bashed it back in, it works because the bumper doesn't have time to flex and it just flies in. Also, put some silicone spray on the tabs which hold the grill in to make it easier. (y)

I'll give this a try thanks

I have the Chrome Grill pictured in your original post. I can say it was not easy to fit.

I myself have gone for the chrome look on my car and that was the reason i bouhgt the fiat. However, the zunsport grill I believe is very easy to fit.

Regards

Stephen

Back