Technical X250 Ducato 2.3JTD Alternator fault

Currently reading:
Technical X250 Ducato 2.3JTD Alternator fault

All the front panels, headlights etc are bolted on, and can be taken off for maintenance like removing the alternator. The drive belts are stretch to fit - no adjustment. There is a special tool for stretching them on, but some people manage to do it with a screwdriver without causing damage.
The 2008 Ducato alternator is BEHIND the engine, so headlight removal won't help too much 😉

i am not sure how difficult it is the remove the alternator on the euro 6 which has the dpf up the rear of the engine. When subject to a recall to replace part of the dpf pipework the subframe had to be removed and it took a fiat garage over 4 hours to complete [ it was the first they had done]

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 39
i am not sure how difficult it is the remove the alternator on the euro 6 which has the dpf up the rear of the engine. When subject to a recall to replace part of the dpf pipework the subframe had to be removed and it took a fiat garage over 4 hours to complete [ it was the first they had done]
Hoooly Cow! 👀
Perhaps that explains the 'subframe' comment which I read - and hopefully only refers to the nightmare model shown in your picture.
Insane design!
Thanks for the valuable info, Ray.

Fair play to them - it would have taken me at least 48 hours...

Back