Technical Would this fit??

Currently reading:
Technical Would this fit??

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Re: Would this fit?? Section of Exhaust

Got the system on my seicento but guess it would fit a cinq.
It's designed for a 2" piped back-box.

i've just fitted a sei janspeed system to my cinq - it will fit with some alterations - you need to retain the flexi section on the cinq exhaust and cut the pipe just behind this - the sei midsection will fit with a couple of minor bends put into the pipe - dont try this unless you have the right equipment to do the job - you'll need pipe formers (internal) and a source of heat (gas torch) so you can heat the pipe then bend it to what you need. I also had to fabricate a new rear exhaust hanger for my system (sounds more difficult than it is - took 5 mins!). i intended to take photos but managed to drop and completely bugger the camera b4 i did the job. arse!

Well im wanting to make me own system,decat but with the midbox so this item is ideal.i have a centre exit powerflow stainless backbox and im wanting to keep that but the welding connecting it to the rest of the system is poop.the current flexi pipe is blowing so it a good time for exhaust mods.:) :)

are you doing the system yourself - do you have the equipment to bend the pipe as required and to weld stainless. make sure you measure everything and check and recheck - it's a pain in the butt if you do all the work only for the pipe to rattle against the tank or the gear change.

i dont have the pipe benders,well with the 'mouse'(i think its called that,the bit inside) but do have a Tig welder and a dad that is sh*t-hot at tig welding:) :) i might just get some parts together and take them to a exhaust place to bend up and weld

you can always try "cutting a piece of pie" - cut a v section from the pipe where you want to bend it - bend the pipe then weld. try going to your local kwikfit or whatever and asking if you can rake in their skip for old sections of pipe. then practice cutting, bending, welding etc it's the best way to learn and once you're good at it you can do your own. in the dim and distant past i've built complete exhaust systems from the scrap available at your local exhaust fitters. try it.

Back