General worried

Currently reading:
General worried

jamesant

Hi all placed an order for a Ulysse 2.0 Eleganza Auto due for delivery 12/12/03 but after reading everyone's feedback on the connect nav system i am very worried. I have noticed that most of you write that
1. you did not get the right forms to register it when you pick the car up.
2. you can not get hold off the 10 digit Connect Code.
And that also you need a sim other than bt cellnet. Is there anyone who has set up their system and could write a step by step brief on how to do it and what to get the Main dealer to do before you pick up your car any advice would be so helpful.
cheers and keep up the good work :D

Hi.

As long as you know you need the forms, mention this to the dealer before delivery. Gives them a fighting chance surely.

The code is now able to be gleaned off the system by holding down the MENU key [not just pressing it], then into Configuration Services. This is not in the manuals, mind you.

Obviously, a bit more to it than just this, but try and read all the forum advice and I think you should not have any problems. It may be worth supplying the dealer with a Virgin SIM card before delivery, so at least they can phone up and register it with Milan [the contact number is on the form].

Stuart

Hi,

Don't worry too much, I think we have found out how it all works now.
Stuart is right, if you get the forms then you have pretty much all you need to get it working.

I have the 2.0l auto eleganza and it is great, the engine is really quiet. The only drawback is fuel consumption, which is mid twentys round town and probably 30-33 on the motorway. The auto is really smooth, I doubt you got a test drive in one as most dealers don't seem to have them.

Poggy

Cheers for the help feel a bit better now don't need to have the same nightmare as i have just had with my present car a vauxhall zafira been such a pain glad to see the back of it. You are right not one dealer had a auto for me to test drive and a few did'nt even know that fiat made them. It is strange that with such poor fuel consumption they do not do it in a JTD. A few people wrote how to get up the code by pressing the menu key but said that the last 3 digits where xxx is it the same with what stuart ash said about the Configuration Services screen.

Hi,

That's only your own phone number with the XXX, the COnnect number is there in full.

They do a 2.0JTD auto now, it may not be in the price list. The 2.2 isn't available in auto. YOu can get a 3.0 V6 in Europe.

Poggy

Hi.

The Configuration Services screen leads you to a Connect Screen. Here, you get your Connect Code, plus 5 spaces for registered phone numbers. It is on these 5 numbers that the last 3 digits are xxx out - I presume for security or something.

It will all become clear once car in your hands!

Stuart

Just got my Connect NAV configured today, no Dealer input,
Got the three sheets from them for 1st year subscription, entered in the details and faxed off to fax number on sheet. They faxed back requesting the name of the Fiat dealer which I sent them. Today phoned up the 08000 number on the sheet, whilst in the car, they phoned me back and eventually could communicate with my ulysse. They couldn't tell me that I was outside my front door as the GPS thingy wasn't working. But got rid of the irritating message stating not activated. I happy bunny.

Stubie

Cheers for the feed back, phoned dealer today to ask for the form for the connect nav to which the Senior sales manager says oh does the ulysse eleganza have it well that is news to me and got the same reply about the sim card for the phone, that it was news to him. Makes you ask yourself who trains them to be so well informed about their products chimps. Well fingers crossed, he is looking though the paper work and getting back to me tomorrow, but i will not hold my breath.

Back