Wireless Router

Currently reading:
Wireless Router

Damn! I'm not having a good day so far :bang:

Looks like my Wireless router has now given up :mad:

Suddenly i had no internet connection, so i phoned Virgin and they run a test on the line, all appears to be ok, plug your network cable directly in to the cable modem, and i now have internet connection again.

I've check the router config and it's not picking up an ip address, subnet mask or gateway address.

It's a netgear router wpn824 and has been a good sturdy router, until today that is :mad:

Can anyone recommend me a wireless router which connects to a cable (virgin) internet, it must also have ports for wired connections (y)

I've used D-Link (did as you described above after about 12 months), 2 Netgears (also done above, after 18 months and 24 months) and now a Linksys. Been happy with all of them (until they go kaphut).

So far, I've been happiest with the Linksys, it's given me the best signal throughout the house. Got it in a PC World sale for £30 lol

I'm on Virgin, so it is a DSL router.

I've used D-Link (did as you described above after about 12 months), 2 Netgears (also done above, after 18 months and 24 months) and now a Linksys. Been happy with all of them (until they go kaphut).

So far, I've been happiest with the Linksys, it's given me the best signal throughout the house. Got it in a PC World sale for £30 lol

I'm on Virgin, so it is a DSL router.

What model do you have Sean (y)

The current version of it would be this: Linksys WRT120N :)

Still only about 30 squiddles :)

How weird! This is the one i actually bought and it was actually from PC World. Ordered on-line and collected in store.

I didn't bother using the disk which came with it, i just connected it up and went directly in to the routers config page, once i'd found out the default password :bang:

All devices connected without any problems at all :worship:

Hit the reset button on the back of the router and perform the setup again, see if that works.

It's funny you should say that, i was actually looking at the router yesterday, after setting up the new one, and seen the reset button on the back of the router.

I'll take it in to work on Friday night and see if it works, if it does i'll sell it, if it doesn't i'll put it on the scrap trolly :D

Back