Wireless broadband hub Range (Sky)

Currently reading:
Wireless broadband hub Range (Sky)

At our friends in South London who are on Sky broadband with a Sky hub and the range is appauling! You have to be in the same room as the hub to get a good connection.

Would re-setting the unit help improve it? (It's got a re-set button on the back.)

Just it did used to be better apparently. It's also got 3 computers hardwired into the back of the hub (mainly because the range is so ****), would these also affect it?

Many thanks. Jon.

I joined SKY last month after 5 years of BT & what a difference, I can comftably download at 200kb/s where with BT I was 'strangled' at 20-30kb/s, no disconnection issues & it costs me £12.99 a month less(y)

In my opinion, the Sky routers are crap. My sister in law has one and it barely works, even when sitting next to it.

The computers hard wired into the back won't make a difference.
Neither will resetting the unit to be honest. All that will do is wipe any settings or changes that they had made to it.

May as well get a new one to be honest :(
Netgear are my personal favourites, though now doubt someone will suggest a different brand.

In my opinion, the Sky routers are crap. My sister in law has one and it barely works, even when sitting next to it.

The computers hard wired into the back won't make a difference.
Neither will resetting the unit to be honest. All that will do is wipe any settings or changes that they had made to it.

May as well get a new one to be honest :(
Netgear are my personal favourites, though now doubt someone will suggest a different brand.

Thanks. Looks like they're stuck with it then. We've our own Netgear wireless network at home and it works fab!

They have still got the old BT hub which in my opinion worked alot better! Am I able to plug that in and programme it to work with sky (similar to what I had to do to get my Netgear system hub working with Tescali (sp?))?

Jon.

Ucof , iv got a Netgear gigabit router and iv not found anything better ,the i.t. guys at work swear by them and i have to agree , www.netgear.co.uk .
Joker

My Sky routed is fine for running my laptop and Ps3 off of. Have you tried changing channels? Sometimes that may solve it.

Thanks. Looks like they're stuck with it then. We've our own Netgear wireless network at home and it works fab!

They have still got the old BT hub which in my opinion worked alot better! Am I able to plug that in and programme it to work with sky (similar to what I had to do to get my Netgear system hub working with Tescali (sp?))?

Jon.

The only problem with using another router is you need to get your user name and password from Sky,and believe me they won't give them up easily.

Back