Technical Wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Wipers

Doogee

Can anyone tell me why it seems like all Fiat windscreen wipers squeal like a pig being electrified even though the screen is wet?
The ones on my Panda do it and I used to have a Tempra which did the same.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

No.

If you are sure the squealing is the blade on the screen, not the mechanism, then step one is to clean the screen thoroughly. I use Halfords Intensive Glass Cleaner. A small bottle found near the screenwash accessories. Next, replace the blades with a good quality make, Halfords own are good, as are Bosch.

Can anyone tell me why it seems like all Fiat windscreen wipers squeal like a pig being electrified even though the screen is wet?
The ones on my Panda do it and I used to have a Tempra which did the same.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Doesn't do it on any of our 7 Fiats. I'd say it's the blades you're using or the stuff you clean the screen with.

I use Halford own branded wiper blades :)

I highly recommend Bosch AeroTwin wipers, mine are brilliant with any amount of water the English weather decides to throw at them. They're also silent, which is nice.

Not questioning their quality and functionality but their price, for a part which ideally should be changed annually, is a tad on the :eek: side IMO :eek:

Not questioning their quality and functionality but their price, for a part which ideally should be changed annually, is a tad on the :eek: side IMO :eek:

That's true, I got mine from ECP for about 15 quid, which I didn't think was too bad, but the RRP is horrific.

This winter wasn't harsh enough on the rubber to change them for next winter, I'm hoping to get two years out of them :p.

My previous set of replacements made a racket unless the screen was very wet. When they had to be changed I went to Halfords but couldn't find the right ones so went to ECP. The Bosch blades I bought from there have been great, quiet and effective. As they replaced Bosch items I've no idea why the others were so noisy.

And use the click and collect in Eurocarparts as the shop offers are usually not as good as the online offers.

The Punto I had was dreadful for the blades jumping across the screen but the two Pandas have been alright. I just use the ones from ASDA, they're about £8 apiece and are the modern "flat blade" style, even though I think they're just a flat looking cover over a conventional blade. They work satisfactorily, not the best wipers I've ever had but nowhere near the worst. I think £8 is quite expensive for a wiper blade, but I am a bit of a cheapskate. I can always tell the difference with the likes of Bosch wipers, they are so much better but again can be fairly expensive.

Back