General Wine Time!

Currently reading:
General Wine Time!

There is an argument about the first paperback. If you're looking for a decent stab at a quiz answer though, the first Penguin paperbacks in 1935 are usually a fair attempt. Why do I know that? Useless, hopeless things stick, while I forget where I've put my car keys - good job I know (hopefully) where the spare is, as I've got to move cars around now!!! :bang:

I will get into the 20th century soon I promise - this iPhone is great I have to admit, but I nearly short-circuited going to the 21st century from a steam driven Victorian version! ;)

I suspect you have an awful lot of keys... and they just for the Pandas!

Can't wait for iBT... Instant Brain Transference. The cheaper, less reliable, headset versions will be affordable to the masses, whereas the surgical implant versions will only be affordable by the very rich or on lifelong 'tick' - bit like a mortgage. All information will be available instantly, the essence of novels (and more usefully car manuals) will be disseminated in milliseconds. However, pop ups will, quite literally, become a nightmare... :D

I see where you're coming from (y) but sadly the answer is no :eek:
'Tribute and quest...' - are you into geocaching..? I think the only way to crack the 1st word is to physically find the carving. Also, I fear the 2nd word is not what you are expecting...
How far are you..? ie. which chapter? Maybe you could help me refine my clues..? Maybe I'm being too pedantic... Should I offer a prize perhaps..?
You're onto something... though not quite sure what... ;)
I think you can crack this though, I can see 'dog and bone' mentality here... (y)

I see where you're coming from (y) but sadly the answer is no :eek:
'Tribute and quest...' - are you into geocaching..? I think the only way to crack the 1st word is to physically find the carving. Also, I fear the 2nd word is not what you are expecting...
How far are you..? ie. which chapter? Maybe you could help me refine my clues..? Maybe I'm being too pedantic... Should I offer a prize perhaps..?
You're onto something... though not quite sure what... ;)
I think you can crack this though, I can see 'dog and bone' mentality here... (y)

Left this for a few days to see if my simmering braincells could come up with anything... -- but I'm stumped. :bang:

Have read it once, all the way through; and keep randomly diving into it to see if I can find anything. But, so far, nothing other than the following ideas -- which seem to be leading me nowhere. (I won't give away too much -- but it'll give you an idea of how far away I am....) :eek:

James Joyce; Whitby; Normandy; monument; bible. :confused:

I feel like, the more I dig, the further away I am. Although I haven't had so much fun since Kit Williams and his exasperating hare...! :nutter:

Back