Technical Windscreen washers

Currently reading:
Technical Windscreen washers

Hi all

The small black 'buttons' on the car front washers (where the water sprays out from on the bonnet) have a tendency to push out after a frost (normal 500 occurrence) and usually we just push back in using a screwdriver and all is well

However this time it won't stay in on one side and I am wondering if after 6.5 years I need to get a new part?

Has anyone else had this issue after having had their car a while and if so do I just get a new unit for that or is it a bigger job (I will get a garage to fit it just want to ensure I don't get ripped off)

Thanks in advance
Heidi

Had the same on a 2010 car but changed under warranty,I think there is a modified version on sale now.I would try the spares dept at your dealer.

Hi Heidi

I believe it is a common fault with the 500 and Pandas as they have similar washer jets fitted.

If you have a search through the forum you'll see that some people have set the adjuster screw to the desired position and then superglued it in place.

You can buy a new pair of wiper jets reasonably cheap and they shouldn't take long to install (I'm not entirely sure about a 500 but I know I could swap the ones in my Panda in 15 minutes or so

Thanks :). Don't really want to glue it in because may cause problems with the ice in future?

I will get a new part and get husband to fit for me.

Never experienced this on our 500s. Maybe they modified it later? Ours are a 2011 and 2012.

Back