Technical which circuit and fuse?

Currently reading:
Technical which circuit and fuse?

Ok, I am faced with more problems now with my first cinq!!

I cant get the following to work, and I assume they might be on the same circuit and fuse, I cant find the fuse.

radio, hazard lights, cig lighter, interior light

The lack of radio I can live with, I prefer the sound of the engine, but the other stuff I am fussy about, in fact normally I can live without cig lighter, but we have just been given a sat nav and need the power

As I said, I cant seem to find the fuse in the fuse box below the steering column, everything else seems to work apart from the odd bulb on the heater panel and window switches

I havent got a manual yet

HELP!!

edit: its a 1997 sporting

:) fuse fitted, it all works ..............

until the alarm went off, which I didnt know it had [no fob etc]

so I pulled out the fuse

then I thought, the alarm might immobilise the car, so I found the alarm unit and unplugged the alarm wires at the alarm unit, then put the fuse back in - car wont start, it turns over and all necessary lights are on on the dash, but it wont fire.

so then I took the fuse back out, car started - while it was running I put the fuse back in, it carried on running ok and I turned off the engine, left it a few mins, and restarted it and all seems ok.

Its a 'scorpion' alarm, if it does pose a problem, can it be removed? I assume somewhere it interupts the coil pack or fuel pump circuit.

Yes you would need to re-establish the cut out feature of the alarm...do you know what model number the alarm is? Probably coil thats been immobilised,any sign of extra wiring in the coil area?

to T14086 and custard

thanks
I havent had a close look at any of the wiring yet, I didnt see the alarm at first cos it was underneath the ECU tucked away, it looks like a pro install though, its definatly a scorpion one.

In a couple of days I will undo the nuts holding it to the bracket and maybe a model number will [or should] be on it.

Its strange cos I got all manner of paperwork with the car, but it only came with a single black key [no factory immobiliser?] and no alarm details or fob, or even a solex type key [there is a 'lock' where the wiring plugs in - override?]

old alarms are a real pain.realistically its a slow job tracing all wiring.
99% will be spliced into a wire,the immobiliser will be 2 wires that are joined to a cut wire on the loom so i recommend tracing them all before disturbing them.
find the immobiliser ones and join those wires 1st.
you can then test how the car works and just remove whats left if it runs :)

May I also add that the 2 immobiliser wires will be same coulour from the alarm (normally black) so you can locate these at the alarm connector itself,use a fused link wire to bridge them out.

would it be easier to get a replacement alarm fob? as its a known brand [scorpion] is that possible? I haven't pulled it out yet to see the details on the casing but I am figuring that as my car is a non standard immobilised one, and the scorpion has immobiliser, then it might be best to keep it and not disturb the wiring

wiring doesnt normally scare me, I used to make my own complete wiring looms for the fords I used to race prep for others, and myself.

anyway, how would I get a new fob? I assume it would need reprogramming somehow? is it dear?

This is the alarm casing [attached pic] theres nothing on it to say its a Scorpion, but the car has Scorpion window stickers/warnings.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 14
Back