General Which Bravo engine and gearbox to choose

Currently reading:
General Which Bravo engine and gearbox to choose

sswaras

Hi to all,
In couple month time I will hunting down a Bravo for myself and I would like to know as much as possible about them. Main things as which engine and gear box to choose that would last and not fail? Also is there any issues in servicing , can it still be done by myself? What should I bee looking for when test driving the car? Is there any other know issues with Bravo or problems that might occur? Any help would be much appreciated.

I've just replaced the small plastic connection for the passenger side hot/cold mixer (Automatic climate control). The part was only £8 from Fiat and fitting it was not very difficult - Just removed the glovebox and had easy access to the faulty part. Fiat quoted £250 to fix it!

As above really :)

Quite a few will report to avoid m32 gearboxes due to bearing failures but it's hit and miss. I'm about to pick my new Bravo up on Wednesday which features one of these dreaded boxes. In the end I came to the decision that it drove so well showing no symptoms that I will take my chances. If it goes, it goes - I could have issues with any car regardless of gearbox so as long as it didn't show signs of problems I wasn't going to walk away from a genuinely decent motor.

Time will tell but if it needs work, so be it - it'll be sorted. I've owned enough Italian cars to know you can't expect cheap motoring (if you do get it, great but don't expect it!).

Back