General When do 2016 500x Fiats start to have problems?

Currently reading:
General When do 2016 500x Fiats start to have problems?

firedwheelman

I have a 2016 500x and have about 75k miles on it. Besides some electrical issues and modules that needed to be replaced it has been a pretty reliable vehicle. I have started to see the cracks though as some minor problems are popping up:

The headliner has started sagging
The adhesive on the seats is starting to separate
the exterior pressure plate for the lift hatch has fallen off
There is jerking when the vehicle is shifting from 1st to 2nd gear

All these problems are relatively minor (except for the shifting problem maybe) and I could easily solve them through DIY or my local shop but the bigger question on my mind is should I just get rid of the vehicle now? These are not exactly known for their reliability so as I accumulate higher mileage on the vehicle I am concerned about a catastrophic failure either with the transmission, the engine, or the electrical system.

Additionally, I have relocated to Arizona in a very hot climate and about 80% of my miles are now city.

So does anyone have experience they could share here when these cars start to have problems and failures or what type of maintenance and upkeep I can expect moving forward if I keep the car?

I have had a few Fiats and I would say there is no reason for one to start playing up if its maintained well. I have had several that have been totally trouble free for over 100,000 miles. You may start to get issues after 80- 90,000 miles but things do wear and the first round of things, exhaust, battery, starter alternator and the odd bearing are not usually very expensive and worth paying for.

Door handles are not going to break the bank and are worth changing. The gear problem may be clutch adjustment. Hydaulic cliutches need maintenance and replacing the fluid achanging nd bleeding can make a difference. I would do this and change the gearbox oil and I would expect things to be much better,

Seats can be refurbished and I think a can of spray adhesive would likely sort thos out if you can get the seat out and the cover off.

Try these relatively cheap solutions and see before going down teh very expensive changing route.

I think most of your problems are maybe due to the Arizona heat. The roof linings generally don't sag, the glue on the seats also is not a common or even uncommon known problem Not sure what you mean by pressure plate, but if it is plastic or held in place with glue then agan heat may be to blame for warping the plastic or the glue coming unstuck.
Shifting issues could just be the gearbox fluid needs replacing, they usually say it is sealed for the life of the vehicle but given the heat and climate in Arizona it could need replacing at 75k miles.

Generally though the 500x is a pretty good and reliable car with few common faults.

Back