Tuning what turbo to use punto gt

Currently reading:
Tuning what turbo to use punto gt

simi

hi after all the bad look im having with gts i need advise what turbos will fit on the punto gt3 apart from the standard ones iv got through 3 now and getting pist off it takes 5 hours to change and want somthing stronger thats not going to break every week. i dont mind abit of modding to make it fit

the turbo went on my old gt and blown a piston so i got another gt and on the way home the turbo went so i rebuilt it using a kit on ebay but didnt get it balenced so its vibrated till its blown all i know is that its chipped

Rebuild your own turbo and it will last a week or two. Its not a DIY job. They spin at 100,000 revs (that is the right number of 0s) so must be 100% right.

Also check the oil supply and never shut the engine down straight after a long or fast drive. The turbo can keep spinning and needs an oil supply. They also last better if allowed to cool a bit before the engine is stopped. Its a PIA but one of the costs of performance turbo ownership.

Anything cheap off ebay is probably selling because its worn out and how would you know (until its too late).

Last edited:
Back