General What to look for when buying a Fiorino

Currently reading:
General What to look for when buying a Fiorino

Your friend might want to look at the price first. 800 plus vat seems a little high even with the low milage. see ebay item 300283254780. If the mileage is original there doesn't seem a lot that can go wrong, mechanically. There is no turbo tp worry about, but a vehicle of that age with such low mileage means it either hasn't been used very often or has had a lot of small trips.
The brake vacuum pump goes on older diesels. Rust is usual along the bottom of the doors. The ignition barrel can be worn so check the heater works. it may have an imobiser so make sure the imobiliser light goes out.( its an orange key sign on the speedo cluster ) Other than that I don't know. Just the usual mechanical cheks but rust is prbably the worst enemy. Even though it has had a recent MOT check the sills for rust.

The Pick-Up is Brazilian made and VERY rare in Europe.
The chassis is based on the Fiat 147 (the Brazilian version of the 127...!!)
Original Fiat spare parts are inexpensive, and most parts are still available, because the Fiorino van is still made today in Brazil!!
The Fiorino Pick Up is replaced by the Strada Pick-Up, (which is rather a Palio Pick-Up really).
And as mentioned before rust is the biggest problem.
Do keep in mind that the 1700D non turbo is a very slowwwww (accelerating) car...!!

Registration is not important at all, as long as the Pick-Up is in decent condition!
Again it's very rare, you are more likely to see some kind of Ferrari than a Fiorino Pick Up, believe me!
In Germany they are using Fiorino van's to transform them into Pick Up's....!

hiya again picked it up today with jonathan seems in good condition so far although i did run out of diesel which proved jonathan right i needed to fill up before our journey home. cheers again for the help!

Registration is not important at all, as long as the Pick-Up is in decent condition!
Again it's very rare, you are more likely to see some kind of Ferrari than a Fiorino Pick Up, believe me!
In Germany they are using Fiorino van's to transform them into Pick Up's....!

Hi cheers for the help on the fiorino, i picked it up today, it came with a fiat sales tape cassette which is diffrent, but thanks again having the mechanic look at the cam belt.

john

John's Fiorino (y)

pandaandtrucknoplate.JPG

And when he ran out of Diesel :ROFLMAO:

pandaandtrucknodieselnoplate.JPG

The start to my bad weekend. lol.

Jon.

Back