General What mods?

Currently reading:
General What mods?

Im Quicker than u

Hi i'm new, need help as u will see below

i have been going a bit crazy with fitting lights, i have:

Under car L.E.D Strips X4 (£20 for all, includes wireless remote, and lots of colors and settings)

Two 30cm blue L.E.D Strips in the boot, with a toggle switch (with a carbon fiber cover) connected.

30cm blue L.E.D Strips , Passenger and Driver foot well lights (connected to center console light, so they fade on and off )

30cm strips are £1.00 off amazon, and so was the switch

Was thinking of painting the current wheels black?! (picture below not my car, but same wheels and colour)

Fiat_Punto_2006_vl_black.jpg

what eles could i do?

Be prepared to be slated about leds, neons, etc. I'm not a fan of any of them but it's your car so do what you want to it! Black wheels could be good, might hide the fact that there so small aswel!

In regards to the username, I know i'm twice as quick as you :D
No idea how to change it though, would have to speak to a mod I should imagine!

Hello Mate,

Welcome to the Fiat Forum and welcome to the GP family. If I can just say one thing please listen to the members on here I myself can say that these guys have helped me so much in terms of do's and dont's.

I would however, like to see your car with all the leds and neons going :D.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Got to agree with many on here, i think neons are awful, just look far too chavy.

As for the wheels, id maybe try and get your hands on some sporting alloys and get them powder coated black or look for some black aftermarkets alloys if thats the look you're going for. Id definitely get bigger wheels though, minimum 17 i'd say. (y)

thanks for all the help, that kit was expensive, but awesome!! maybe when im older :D im trying to spend as least as i can but make it look good, problem with lowering..... insurance!! its already sooo high! i will try and post some pics soon, was thinking of buying some cheapish wheels that look good to paint black, then i have the originals, or i could do the current ones?!

Hi mate,

If you want to change your name then at the top of the page just right of your username you will see a small arrow pointing down. Click on this and select "User CP". On the left hand side of the user cp page there is a list, go down till you find "Miscellaneous", under this heading there is a link saying "request username". Click on "Request Username" type in a new one and then click the button below. You may have to wait a while for a moderator to confirm it. (once your username is changed you will be notified by email and you log on to the forum via that name. (you can still use the forum as normal whilst you apply for the new username)

Anyway, Footwell L.e.d's are a good start. You might want to think about the following as they are relatively cheap mod's:

-Wind deflectors (Ebay)
-Window tints if you do them yourself (be warned its not easy when you first start!) (I messed up mine quite a few times until I got to an acceptable result, lol)
-Front splitter
-Fiatforum stickers
-Debadged grill (carparts-tuning.co.uk) (type in grande punto, sometimes they have deals on the grills etc. I got mine for £8 a while back)

Lowering is the best thing I've done to my car in terms of looks but I bought my coilovers for £145 new £40 fitted and then I had to update my insurance (As you said... It gets expensive lowering cars)

For the stealth look you could tint your front lights and also the rear black.

Just some Ideas to get you started.

p.s. I agree with the others underbody led's/ neons is getting on the chavvy side.

Also to quote people click on the speech bubble (quote button) on the bottom right of someones post :) (quoting someone means they get notified when you respond to them).

Back