General What is the size of Marea's front door speakers?

Currently reading:
General What is the size of Marea's front door speakers?

ibopasa

Hello,
i join fiatforum today and i am very happy to can talk lots of meara owners.
I have 2000 Fiat Marea 1.6 injection since 2002.
There wasn't a big problem since 4 years and 60000km for me but audio system is terrible. My Marea was made in Turkey therefore sound system is bad maybe, i dont know. Originally only casette player and front door speakers it has. Front door speakers was changed by fist owner and he put 13cm.
What is the real size of Marea's front door speakers size?
I refered to sound expert and he told to me 'marea front door size is 5x7 (13x18cm)
Is he true? is my front door 5x7 ?
After that i found i different 5x7 speakers in Turkey
one of them is Herz ECX 570 other one is Alpine SPS-570A in same price (about 90 EU)
Which one is better?
I want to change the casette player too, if i change it, there can be any problems for me?
Originally my car hasn't got rear speakers and i want to put 16cm 2 speakers in front of the rear glass. if i put that speakers that part of this car must be cut. Should i do?

Hi and welcome. the marea does indeed come standard with 5x7 speakers in the doors the same as the ones in the back. On the saloon anyway can't say for the weekend. There is a metal frame under the parcel shelf in the saloon. I found with a bit of tinkering you can get 6x9s in without cutting the metal frame and without making an ugly mess of the parcel shelf.

Last edited:
Hey ibopasa! I've been having similar problems exchanging my factory speakers (the door ones at least)!
1.Here in Egypt the Marea isn't really that popular so i can't find 5x7s anywhere that would fit in the door, they are always wider in one of the dimensions! If you can you should be able to find oval 5x7s that aren't too big....clarion, maybe kenwood!! If you can't, i fitted my doors with 10cm sony xplods (120 watts, round)! They sound alot better than the factory ones, provided you got a new unit (anything with an output power of 50wx4 should be enough)! And if i were you, i would get the ALPINE speakers (maybe its just personal preference)!

2.There shouldn't be a problem in changing your casette player, you just have to get a fascia adapter (sold on ebay for all i know) so that the new player looks good on the dashboard and you'll have to get a jack converter that makes wiring a new player easier (the guy that will change your casette player should have it)!
The audio will sound alot better after you change the speakers and the player!

3.You could cut the back hanger thing but i wouldn't recommend it because you could come across sound problems after cutting and it will be too late by then. Instead, you can have a shop make you a new one that will fit your speakers and sit tight in its place to provide optimum sound!

Hope that helped :)!

Last edited:
i orderd Alpine SPS 570A (5x7) and Sony CDX GT 414U today
i will not cut back of my car.
Thank you, the beast and eissa,

So,

can we fit in a round 5" speaker at the front door without cutting the steel work? mine std speakers are totally gone. can't find 5X7 speakers here.

anyone try fitting 5"

thks.

Back