General Watch Racing Tipo!

Currently reading:
General Watch Racing Tipo!

sediciRich

Im racing at silverstone this saturday 31st, at 11.30 then at 4pm if anyone wants to come along.

Got one video, cam died in qual, and wasnt charged for the first race where I set my best time but was off the pace been a year since I was on track. Anyway it was a bloody hard day, broke a drive shaft in race one, me and my fellow LMA competitor Jason Newman went a mission over to Solo italia to guess a drive shaft to fit, decided a marea shaft looked similar and hooned it back to track. Fitted it - oh no the bearing end was too large an clamped on the hub carrier solid -I was ready to throw the towel in (not the only drama on that day!! - and only 3hrs sleep), Jason said no to that and went on a paddock mission for an angle grinder- thanks to one of the very nice Porches club racers, where we proceeded to attack the the shaft. Tried it - yes its fitted after major fetling. Back out - little tentative as the shaft wasnt quite the same length but finnished race 2. Signed the mSV do not post camera form but I'll post it under a secret title on you tube and let tipo owner I know have a look.

Rich

Of course you can't help if if someone hacks onto your pc, steals the footage and posts it ;)

So anyone going to watch in their tipo... expect to be asked for bits if he gets stuck! I've seen BTCC drivers borrow bits off spectators cars (usually lights) in order to fix the car for race 2.

Back