Technical washing cooling system

Currently reading:
Technical washing cooling system

Mar4ix

Hi, i have mk1 punto with 1.2 engine. What would you sugges how to get rig of rust in engine.
Recently I was changing frost plug (gearbox off), and old one was rust through , and when i took it off, i saw that there is quiet rusty inside. How can i clean all that ?
I am planing disconect heater matrix, and connect by U shape heating pipe, tak off radiator, and then with some anti rust chamicals wash the engine (without starting engine)., I am goin use old fuel pump, connect to coolant system, and wash through with hammerite antirust liquid http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_186271_langId_-1_categoryId_212430

Any one have done something like that ?
Or you not suggest ?

Heater matrix and radiator goin keep in this liquid in separate containers for day or two, to get rig o ff rust.

Number times flushed engine, coolant still comes rusty after short time.

Engine re-conditioners dfump the whole block in a cleaning solution, but this is unlikely to be anything like the ones available to you,over the counter. The ones you can get are for parts that will be painted, as a rule: they'll remove rust and passivate the surface of the iron. Problem is, this layer may not conduct heat as well as the rust.

I'd be inclined to re-assemble the engine and run it with a radiator flushing compound in the coolant. Then reverse flush it as well as you can witha hosepipe, then re-fill with a 50/50 water/antifreeze mix.

The rust was probably caused by someone running without anti-freeze (or old anti-freeze). Change every 2 years, unless it's long-life type.

Back