Warranty questions.

Currently reading:
Warranty questions.

Jaymz515

Hey all, sorry if this is a bit long but it's been playing on my mind for a while now so thought it best just to ask.

I bought a Grande Punto seven months ago from my local Stoneacre, and got the Lifetime Warranty as well (Yes, before you say anything I know this may have been a waste of money.) but one thing that's confusing me is the service intervals. In the handbook it says 18,000, yet the Stoneacre warranty says every 12,000. Is this just a way that they get more money off of you? (the reduced service intervals weren't mentioned in the showroom) And what would anyone recommend I do? I heard that if I was to get the car serviced at 18,000 miles by a registered FIAT garage with genuine parts, that the actualy FIAT warranty would be maintained, yes?

Would I just be better sacking the Stoneacre warranty as a mistake and going for the 18k services? Does anyone have a clue how much Stoneacre might charge me for a service? I don't mind paying a couple of hundred but I've heard some folk talking into four hundred pounds a service.

It's a '10 plate car so initially I was wondering if it had been serviced at one year old (if this even still happens with modern cars...) and had ideas of them invalidating my warranty because it hadn't been. Augh.

Any advice? And sorry if there's anything unclear, I'll give more information if it helps.

Many thanks.

Fair do, I'll pop over ASAP. I just wondered if anyone had had any experiences with cost of services and how reliable these warranties are, and whether it was worth getting any work done elsewhere anyway.

Cheers! :)

This can be very confusing. Suggest you read the FIAT Warranty & Service Book that came with the car.

Generally speaking on latet model Fiats the recommend and annual service. This annual service can be a normal or low mileage service.

The 18,000 mile is the maximum interval between oil and filter changes. On diesel cars especially the oil and filter change interval is "variable" depending on how the car is driven.

When you see / speak to Stonecare first of all find out if their warranty and service criteria are the same as Fiats. Stonecare will using the vehicles 3 year warranty to underwrite the first three years of your lifetime warranty. After that they will of course picking up the tab for the remainder of the lifetime. Stonecare probably use some form of "group" / "traders" insurance warranty scheme.

If your general mileage is around 12K miles then it probably makes sense anyway to have the annual service including oil and filter change.

Do you know if it is a requirement of the lifetime warranty that Stonecare must do the service, or is any authorised Fiat service agent, or VAT register garage allowed to do the service?

hi there where abouts are you from? i work for stoneacre and do you have warranty with your car ie manufactures? make sure you still have manufactures spec services as there passport services arnt the best very basic! you should of got a book explaining what the warrenty includes. they say every 12,000mls for the car to be serviced to keep there warranty and yes puntos are on 18,000 mls servicing with the choice of a low milage service. if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Back