General WARNING! Check your rear brakes!

Currently reading:
General WARNING! Check your rear brakes!

Does anyone have a picture of these counter weights in-situ? I can't really imagine where they might go. I've had a google, and a search around the forum... but clearly no one's thought to document it... so I might just be being dim. :D

J

Does anyone have a picture of these counter weights in-situ? I can't really imagine where they might go. I've had a google, and a search around the forum... but clearly no one's thought to document it... so I might just be being dim. :D

J

mate look at the huge pic i posted above.?

when you get to your rear caliper, you remove the bottom retaining bolt....and replace with that long threaded bar in my pic....the shortest bit of thread screws into caliper carrier where you removed original bolt. then that rubber weighted doughnut slides onto the long thread, then you screw on and tighten the nut provided. job done. it really is that simple

mate look at the huge pic i posted above.?

when you get to your rear caliper, you remove the bottom retaining bolt....and replace with that long threaded bar in my pic....the shortest bit of thread screws into caliper carrier where you removed original bolt. then that rubber weighted doughnut slides onto the long thread, then you screw on and tighten the nut provided. job done. it really is that simple

It just looks a bit massive. I've had this problem for a while (and a bloody annoying suspension rattle!), so I'm tempted to try the kit... I just get a bit nervous when it comes to playing with anything related to the brakes.

It just looks a bit massive. I've had this problem for a while (and a bloody annoying suspension rattle!), so I'm tempted to try the kit... I just get a bit nervous when it comes to playing with anything related to the brakes.

Massive? It's just a picture. Why sit worrying? Get it ordered , at least then when it comes you can look at it and clearly see its a piece of cake to fit

Just as a help if anyone is searching for information about this in the future, I found a picture:

images

Does anyone know what it actually does? It looks like you could replace it without taking the wheel off, if you were feeling bendy.

J

Just as a help if anyone is searching for information about this in the future, I found a picture:

images

Does anyone know what it actually does? It looks like you could replace it without taking the wheel off, if you were feeling bendy.

J

If you read back it is explained as to what it does - stop the droaning noise and vibration through the caliper

Back