Technical Various Elec issue, may or may not be related

Currently reading:
Technical Various Elec issue, may or may not be related

abzfiat

I have a 2008 Fiat Ducato, 3:0d. It is a motorhome. It has and has always had the following faults, don't cause a direct issue:

Fault 1: Engine warning light does not illuminate with the key, all other warning lights come on.
Fault 2: The ASR button does nothing, I have Autel diagnostics and can confirm the button changes state when pressed. I have checked the light works if volts applied.

Fault 3: The cruise control works but only in third and fifth, second, fourth and sixth don't work. I have not tried first. I cannot find a check in Autel for gear. I can only assume the cruise thinks its in neutral, when in second fourth and sixth.

Other info, The van had a tracker fitted behind the "junction box" where all the wires come through the firewall. Right hand drive, below the steering wheel.I have tried to see if there are any faulty pins, but not found any. There are no fault codes when engine is scanned.

Any support or guidance at what to look for. I am not an auto electrician, however competent with electrics and electronics as a control system engineer.

should also add, it will not rev above 4000 revs, even in neutral and first. Drives fine even with this.

should also add, it will not rev above 4000 revs, even in neutral and first. Drives fine even with this.

Have you had it from new? Is it maybe an ex rental? Has it been remapped?

Over 4000 rpm you're in the wrong gear.

curva-motore-img-taglio_3.png

I am not the first owner.

It might have been remapped, I thought maybe an EGR modification, but the EGR is still there. Power curve is usefull, as it revs within the power range, so this may be common to all 3:0 engines. I have taken to a number of local dealers, because no fault codes come up, most just say to leave it. Its a Tag axle ducato so most cannot get it on a ramp and send me on my way. .

Back