General Valuation - 2019 Cross 41k Miles

Currently reading:
General Valuation - 2019 Cross 41k Miles

airsafari87

After 2 and a half years with our Panda Cross it’s now the time to sell it due to needing a larger car for when we go camping.

Ideal scenario would be to keep the Panda and buy a 2nd car, but that’s not really an option for me right now.

Problem is I’m struggling to find any others online for sale of a similar age and mileage, so can’t really judge what a reasonable asking price for it will be?

Brief spec of the car is.
4x4 Cross.
Yellow.
41k.
Winter pack.
Dealer service history.
4 matching Michelin Cross Climate 2’s.
MOT till April 2025.
Good condition inside and out.

What kind of money should it command??

In the final analysis, it's worth what someone else is prepared to pay you for it.

If you're going to sell it to the trade, just tout it round the usual places, plus your local car dealers, and see what offers you get. Be aware that used car prices hardened considerably post covid, but have softened somewhat in recent months.

If you're selling privately, I have a rule of thumb. Take the difference between the trade and retail price, and add one third of the difference to the trade price to get a fair private sale value.

The logic is this; by cutting out the middleman, there is some extra value in the deal to be shared between buyer and seller, but the buyer loses the protections and other services a trade seller would provide.

So it's a 3 way split, 1/3 of the difference goes to the seller, 1/3 to the buyer, and 1/3 to compensate the buyer for the lack of warranty and consumer rights act protections of a dealer sale.

If you try to get close to the typical forecourt price in a private sale, you likely won't get very far.

Generally the newer a car is, the less advantageous selling it privately will be.

Just buy a camping trailer?
.....and a roof box! Keep the money. Trade offers are poor. Really low milage retail can be had for £10500. But prices vary. My well spec's Waze Cross with 20K might fetch £12500. Yours might get to 11,800 but this would be private sale and thats a lot of cash to be putting at risk. Trade you might be looking at £7250 which is really not good enough. Prices have dropped back a lot in the last few months. I would seriously try adding storage as suggested and keep it. What else could you get without quite a lot of further outlay. The TA is a GREAT towcar and will handle anything you chuck on the back with ease. I have towed way over the TA limit and even the diesel limit and the car was cool so a camping trailer is easy. I regulalry use mine to carry sand and cement,bricks, firewood and garden compost and its 400 kilo allowance cannot be felt from the driving seat. I think the values will hold now and maybe even pick up a bit for 4x4s in great condition with FSH. If you change you will loose out and likely the replacement will depreciate more. TA's are still very salable at 70K. Visit car Gurus and autotrader amongst others

Trade you might be looking at £7250
At that price point, if you're buying, another £500 will usually get you the car if the owner needs to sell it. The reason is simple; there are almost no private purchasers that would risk that sort of money, so if it has to be sold, it may be the best price the owner can get. But you have to be patient, and accept that many of your offers will just be laughed at.

However, it looks like this owner has decided to keep the car rather than sell cheaply, which makes a lot of sense.

Back