Uno Turbo mk1 Car Alarm fitting

Currently reading:
Uno Turbo mk1 Car Alarm fitting

Hi all,

Should be picking up my uno today and have decided that an Alarm should be my first mod (can you call it a mod?)

scenario: I have a new alarm in a box at home under my bed. It would cost £100 if not more to get it fitted by someone. If I buy a new one with fitting including i'm looking at around £250.

I want to fit myself...I'm not an electrician but can follow instructions and know some basic things. My main concerns are (1) where to locate the wires (2) what colour they are once found (3) how to best connect my alram wire to the car wire i.e. connector/crimp/splice etc (4) best location for siren and brain module

Is there anyone who would like to talk me through this process? (y) i'll take pictures and do a guide that can go up on the forum?

Last edited:
1. this depends on what wires you need to locate.
-for indicators i use hazard switch
-for central locking i use locking relay
-for power i use glovebox light
-for earth use any good earth point on chassis
-for interior light use door switch

2. for colurs you need a wiring diagram for your car, such as the diagrams you get in a haynes manual.

3. 'best' way is to chop wires then solder them, then use shrink wrap to cover the solder. easy way is to chopp and twist then cover in insulation tape.

4. siren should be in engine bay, brain should be in passenger footwell

Cheers for the help. I have managed to get a wiring diagram for the car and will pick up a solder iron on the weekend.

Will update on how I get on - Kal

you dont really need to solder as long as you wrap and tape them up nicely.,

12v constant--------- Thick brown wire in the ignition harness,
12v Accessory--------Thick orange wire in the ignition harness,
Indicators-------------Blue and blue/black at the indicator stalk or fusebox, or you can tap into the side repeater,
Central locking--------Blue wire and white wire located in the loom going into the drivers door through the A pillar gromet.,
those are the main ones but depending on the functions of your alarm there could be more wires, like if you have electric windows and want total closure etc.,

I bought a different Uno and it already has an alarm fitted. It doesn't have central locking though. The alarm is clifford, do I need to buy 2 door motors (2 wire or 5 wire?) and then thats it or do I need to buy a central locking kit (motors with control box?)
Any help much appreciated, instructions on which wires from alarm to which wires to central locking would be great

Many thanks

you need a 5 wire for the drivers side and 2 wire for the rest IIRC., youd be better of getting a kit as its all just plug and play then.,

If i'm right the kit has the 2 motors for the doors (5 & 2 wire as you mention) and a relay - with a live and earth?

Is it a case of using 2 wires from the main alarm brain to touch certain connections on the relay or actual 5 wire motor to incorporate it all?

Thanks again for your help

OK, truns out the motors were already installed but just not working. The thing both doors had 2 wire motors. Do I replace them or do I fit the full kit with relay and 5 wire motor as well? Cheers

no you wont need to change them mate., the wire colours i gave in one of the above posts should be the ones your looking for., just add the 2 negitive triggers from the alarm to them and then it should be fine,.
trace the motor wires back to find why they wernt working to begin with, it might be just a fuse or something.,.,

Back