Technical UNO II how to remove the fuse-box

Currently reading:
Technical UNO II how to remove the fuse-box

hajos

I need some help with my UNO II. Are there any tricks in removing the central electrical unit (or fuse-box), which is placed under the dashboard. I'm not the yoga-expert to fold myself into the footwell, but I need some urgent service for the box from its backside.
Any hint? Thanks a lot, Hajo

I need some help with my UNO II. Are there any tricks in removing the central electrical unit (or fuse-box), which is placed under the dashboard. I'm not the yoga-expert to fold myself into the footwell, but I need some urgent service for the box from its backside.
Any hint? Thanks a lot, Hajo

Hi unfortunately you'll have to be quite bendy to access it!! otherwise you got no chance. I have done it kneeling on the floor outside the car, with the door open.

But to remove the fuse box you two options, you can either undo both bolts that hold it either side to the mounting bracket. They should be above the actual fuse box, think there a 10mm or 13 mm bolt can't quite remember now!!

Or very carefully push the clips in on either side of the fuse box, which should then release it from the bracket. But be very careful not to break them if you do.

Make sure you label up the connectors at the back of the fuse box, as you undo them :) Saves a lot of head scratching later!! hope that helps.

Hi, Paul!
It's hard to believe, but I succeeded. Thanks to your hints I found those two clips which fix the box in the bracket. It's almost a miracle that I got my way out of the car's footwell.
Thanks again!

Back