General Under tray

Currently reading:
General Under tray

br4duk

Well guys after a repair and several hundred speed humps later I've had remove a dropped down undertray on the abarth, are they critical? I'm assuming it's to stop water damage to alternator, selespeed box etc

Not critical, but helps keep water out of the engine bay - which, when Stilos seem a little prone to disliking damp in the fuse box area etc, is a very good thing. Personally I wouldn't be without my engine tray, but then I like a clean engine bay...

My undertray is the bane of my life. The bolt at the back is fused so it can't be removed when being serviced, they have to swivel it back for access. At the front one side hangs lower as the screws have rusted and sheared off.
It's held on with cable ties at the moment.

I'd remove it but I've heard it protects the engine from water, also how badly it sometimes clangs over bumps I wouldn't remove it for fear something expensive would get ruined!

I live in speed hump central it smashes it's back out on them. If I go slow as hell cars have overtaken me on them. Oldham council eh? Anyway went up to 37psi and still having problems have go over about 10mph - embrassing! I will get all knew bolts and clips I think. I'd tried once but the clips aren't holding it up no more

Back