Unbelievable

Currently reading:
Unbelievable

fisel

I got my licence back a couple weeks ago as some of you know i lost it. Anyway.. i picked my gf and her friend up from town last night and on the way to her friends house a guy decided to jump infront of my car. The bonnet only has a small dint since he jumped but the wind screen is totalled and the front of the roof is caved in quite a bit between. This is probably the worst year of my life so far.

I forgot to take some cause i was in a bit of shock but when i get the car back on Tuesday i'll post some pics

I think he broke his ankle and busted his face in a couple places but the paramedics said he'd be ok.

What a drunken idiot can do to your car.

photo00990ke.jpg

photo01006lo.jpg

photo01015rc.jpg

Last edited:
When you say jumped in front, i suspect you mean, walked into the road. What time of night was this, was the man under the influence of alcohol, was you driving at an appropriate speed considering there was pedestrians around? How are the police currently viewing this?

When i say jumped i mean jumped literally. He ran from the side of the road and dived infront of my car as you can see from the damage mainly to the windscreen and roof. He was under the influence. I was going just under 35 in a 30. I dont know the police are viewing it but i know for sure i'm not at fault, theres was about 5 witnesses there who saw the whole thing.

from the look of it your a pillars are OK, as the screen would have just pulled away from them, the main thing is the roof, on 98% of modern cars, you can't replace it!!!:( on your 5dr (?) stilo I think the 'upper' roof panel (which the sunroof is mounted into) is replacable, but its hard, and the strut underneath it will certainly have taken some damage!

the strut can be straightened, make sure it gets done properly otherwise you'll be plagued with cracking windscreens, then the roof panel is literally glued ontop!! (its so thin if you welded it, it would affect the finish of the paint if you get what i mean, it would distort the metal) then sprayed up, a new screen, and the bonnet may stay

don't mention you where doing just under 35, say that you were occupied watching what the hooligans on the side of the road were doing, its not lying, its what you should be doing (I know its not your fault) in the perfect world.

Hope insurance don't just write it off (they like doing that), and that all your witness's are credible enough (i.e not too drunk either)

After the accident i thought my pillars were damaged but when i got the car back i realised they werent. I told them i was doing about 30. All my witnesses are credible enough, even the guys friend said it was his fault. After i've got the cost of the everything together, if he's not willing to pay up i'll take it to court whether he can pay in full or not.

I,ll put my mortgage on it that its a write off unfortunately:( . Seen loads of cars with less damage get wrote off. Id start preparing youre case as i doubt very much hes able or willing to cough up!(n)

I was told the roof panel is relaceable as faster4 said (it's a 3 door), i'd have to get it checked out though cause i really have no idea.

Fook me, that must have been a blow. Sorry to hear about that mate, but remind me to keep out of Manchester if the pedestrians are all that suicidal! Bloody drunkards, we have them down south as well. Morons the lot of them :nutter: .

Have to agree, the insurance company will probably write the car off. But, you can buy it back for salvage value and get it fixed! That roof looks pretty bad, but if you can strip the headlining out (and possibly the sunroof) a very good panel beater could get that back into shape. A shame that insurance companies don't use such facilities anymore as a skilled panel beater can literally work miracles with a hammer and dolly.

Anyway, hope you aren't too shaken up, and at least you and your GF are ok.

Can't see him paying up if i'm honest. were the police called? did they witness the drunken fool? you will probably have to go to court.

The police were called, they witnessed everything. Some people have told me he coul sue me for doing damage to himself with my car.

fisel said:
The police were called, they witnessed everything. Some people have told me he coul sue me for doing damage to himself with my car.

It's possible. There's been cases where thieves have sued the owner of the house they broke into, for leaving something lying around that caused them injury in the process of thieving. That is stupid and makes the law a joke if that happens...:bang:

Personally I think there should be a law that says if you injure yourself in the process of commiting a crime or through your own negligence then you should not be able to take out a lawsuit against anyone.

And of course, if the drunken moron did attempt that then you'll have to counter sue for everything under the sun. Stress, anxiety, shock, days off work, post traumatic stress disorder, having to see his ugly face implanted on your windscreen, inconvenience plus of course the cost to repair/ replace your car. That's just for starters. If he's got a house then you can make a claim on that and make the tw@t homeless for even thinking of claiming damages off you.

Sorry for the rant, but criminals or idiots should not be allowed to claim against people like Fisel after circumstances such as mentioned above. Grrrr...:mad:

Fisel, I hope you sue his ass off and get every penny you need to fix the Stilo and for all the inconvenience you've been put through. Good luck (y)

To be honest even though im fuming about it all i wanted covered is my car and cost of my car being heald. I spoke to his Dad a few weeks ago and he had the ordasity to say to me that he was under the impression that my insurance would pay for it all.

Back