General Twinair DMF replacement

Currently reading:
General Twinair DMF replacement

Big gerry

Hi everyone I doubt my DMF is on the way out now and again I get a vibration through the clutch pedal but I was wondering did anyone no what fiat did to the later DMF to fix the problem my panda is a 13 TA I was told the later TAs had the problem rectified

I understand its about construction of the bearings. Later ones identifed the issue and the construction was improved. If I have heard it right the first had plastic bearing shells or bearing inserts, and the fix was steel.... It means choice of replacement DMF's is important to ensure you get the best quality and post mod specifications. I may have only got half the story though.

I understand its about construction of the bearings. Later ones identifed the issue and the construction was improved. If I have heard it right the first had plastic bearing shells or bearing inserts, and the fix was steel.... It means choice of replacement DMF's is important to ensure you get the best quality and post mod specifications. I may have only got half the story though.
I take it now when someone goes and buys a kit that you will receive the upgrade version?

I take it now when someone goes and buys a kit that you will receive the upgrade version?
I suspect it depends a lot on where you buy it and how much you pay. Even if you buy a reputable brand like LUK, I don't know how you can check you're getting the improved type.

I also suspect there's still stock of the older type in the supply chain.

It would be helpful if someone could do a little homework into part numbers.

That.

And I would be extremely suspicious of parts that are advertised cheaply on auction sites.
I still have somwhere an expose of in ternet parts that makes my hair stand on end. Practical Classics I think. You need to be very careful and return suspect bits and report.

Back