Technical Tune Subwoofer on a Hi-Fi Interscope audio system with Android radio

Currently reading:
Technical Tune Subwoofer on a Hi-Fi Interscope audio system with Android radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

fearbrain

Hi all,

I have a Bravo M-Jet 1.9 with a Hi-Fi Interscope sound system, which has 2 speakers + 2 tweets in each door and also a subwoofer in the trunk.

The audio system is great but the radio is very simple, it doesn't have even A2DP to play music from Bluetooth. So I decided to buy an Android Car Stereo.

Using the ISO plug connected with the adapter included withing the new Android radio, the audio didn't work.
For the audio to work, as I saw in eLearn software, I had to put +12V to pin 2 to enable the Amp, and +12V to pin 5 to enable Sub.

The total wiring is as follows, for A plug:
  1. CAN communication
  2. Subwoofer enable (+12V to enable)
  3. CAN communication
  4. NC
  5. Amplifier enable (+12V to enable)
  6. NC
  7. +12V
  8. Ground

The problem I'm facing is that the audio is almost with no bass.
I'm unable to tune the subwoofer using the Android radio. If I put the low freqs on high (on the Android radio equalizer), the bass is far from it's normal operation.

Is there any bass control over Canbus?
Does anyone knows how can I take advantage of this great sub?

Last edited:
Unless the new radio is specifically designed for connection to a CANbus system, you must not connect the CANbus wires to the new radio. At best you will get strange results, at worst it may damage the body computer.

There are adaptors available to sit between teh car wiring and the radio, that interpret the CANbus signals and convert them to analogue for aftermarket radios.
http://www.connects2.co.uk/products/can-bus-adapters/universal
There will be something similar available in your own country.

For a subwoofer to work, it needs a power feed, often from the head unit via the terminal originally meant for an electric aerial, I think that might be terminal 5, usually a blue wire out of the head unit. I'd expect the amplifier to take a feed from the same place, maybe through a relay, so the radio output just switches the relay. There would usually be two 12v inputs into the radio for aftermarket, one permanent live, the other switched from ignition. CANbus handles the ign switching, which is a reason for the adaptor mentioned above.

A standard subwoofer would then take signals from teh normal speaker wiring, using only the bass notes. If it is to be adjustable, it would need a separate speaker output from the new head unit, so migh tneed additional wiring there. Would need time feeding it through, under carpets etc.
A vehicle with a subwoofer as standard will usually have the other speakers not respond to the lower bass sounds. If the woofer is not fed, overall output will be poor.

The new unit should have a wiring diagram for its input. The adaptor should give these having interpreted the CANbus signals. Outputs to amp and woofer would need to be checked. If the car switched the woofer via CANbus, you'd need to run your own wiring instead. Same with amp.

Singing lessons might be easier?

Hi portland_bill,

Unless the new radio is specifically designed for connection to a CANbus system, you must not connect the CANbus wires to the new radio. At best you will get strange results, at worst it may damage the body computer.

There are adaptors available to sit between teh car wiring and the radio, that interpret the CANbus signals and convert them to analogue for aftermarket radios.
http://www.connects2.co.uk/products/can-bus-adapters/universal
There will be something similar available in your own country.

A canbus decoder box was provided with this Erisin car stereo. The steering wheel controls are working, the RGB lights (triggered by car lights) and so on.

For a subwoofer to work, it needs a power feed, often from the head unit via the terminal originally meant for an electric aerial, I think that might be terminal 5, usually a blue wire out of the head unit. I'd expect the amplifier to take a feed from the same place, maybe through a relay, so the radio output just switches the relay. There would usually be two 12v inputs into the radio for aftermarket, one permanent live, the other switched from ignition. CANbus handles the ign switching, which is a reason for the adaptor mentioned above.

Yes, that's what I did.

A standard subwoofer would then take signals from teh normal speaker wiring, using only the bass notes. If it is to be adjustable, it would need a separate speaker output from the new head unit, so migh tneed additional wiring there. Would need time feeding it through, under carpets etc.
A vehicle with a subwoofer as standard will usually have the other speakers not respond to the lower bass sounds. If the woofer is not fed, overall output will be poor.

The new unit should have a wiring diagram for its input. The adaptor should give these having interpreted the CANbus signals. Outputs to amp and woofer would need to be checked. If the car switched the woofer via CANbus, you'd need to run your own wiring instead. Same with amp.

The subwoofer is connected to the amp, which is controlling the bass level. I think there is no manual way to adjust it.
Yes, what I can do is to add another amp (just for subwoofer speaker) and use the independent bass output from radio (RCA plug).
Not sure if it worths..

Thank you for your help.

You may find, assuming everything is wired correctly, that the unit you've got just has a crappy amplifier - I have an aftermarket unit in my Bravo with the Interscope system, took a while to get the wiring right but works fine afterwards. A friend of mine has a similar problem to you when he bought a unit which just had a blown amp from the factory.

Anyway, r.e. wiring, look around on the forums here. I think there is a couple of threads on here talking about this, and that's what I used to get the sub to work properly.

You may find, assuming everything is wired correctly, that the unit you've got just has a crappy amplifier - I have an aftermarket unit in my Bravo with the Interscope system, took a while to get the wiring right but works fine afterwards. A friend of mine has a similar problem to you when he bought a unit which just had a blown amp from the factory.

Anyway, r.e. wiring, look around on the forums here. I think there is a couple of threads on here talking about this, and that's what I used to get the sub to work properly.

Thank for your reply, but I'm confused now.
The radio unit amplifier is not being used. The ISO plug audio wires are just sound line outputs, not amplified. It's something like a 3.5mm jack output for headphones.
I know that because I tested these lines using a small PC speaker, which the sound level is very quiet.

If I increase the low freqs level in the radio equalizer, the bass level is exaggerated on door speaker but the subwoofer is below the desired intensity.

By knowing this, my conclusion is that the Interscope amplifier can adjust the sub level depending on BASS selected on original Radio (I think the only way is through canbus, but I'm not sure).

Talking about wiring, the one I've found more details was that one, referring to Fiat 500, but it was not useful for my problem.

May you please be more specific about how you get the sub to work properly?

Last edited:

Is it the only solution?

Hi, I’ve the same problems, interscope and erisin Android radio.. the sub level are very very low..

The interscope has two Line input, one remote +12 and one positive signal provide by original radio, and for dynamic tuning of equilization, this is the only Miss signal by aftermarket radio. How we can do?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back