Technical track rod end wrong size

Currently reading:
Technical track rod end wrong size

Andrew bulmer

scudo fail mot toady

Track rod end near side .went to euro carparts and the part there giving me is the correct listed part

But it wont fit into the wheel hub its about 1mm too wide all else looks the same tho

Anyone else had the same issues ?

the offside track rod end i replaced the previous mot no issues

heres the part any help is appreciated

tie rod.JPG

scudo fail mot toady

Track rod end near side .went to euro carparts and the part there giving me is the correct listed part

But it wont fit into the wheel hub its about 1mm too wide all else looks the same tho

Anyone else had the same issues ?

the offside track rod end i replaced the previous mot no issues

heres the part any help is appreciated

View attachment 422316
It may be worth asking Euro if there is a choice of two, if not that make but with a different company. Often one catalogue will only list one part for a given vehicle , but a different companies catalogue can be more accurate.
I had this with ABS sensors on a 07 Skoda Scout 4x4 one part listed , but on a 09 VW Tiguan 4x4 basically the same running gear it listed two and solved the problem.
It can be a change over year or a car or van version giving one a heavy duty part and not the other.
Of course a lot depends on how helpful the parts store man is:).

It may be worth asking Euro if there is a choice of two, if not that make but with a different company. Often one catalogue will only list one part for a given vehicle , but a different companies catalogue can be more accurate.
I had this with ABS sensors on a 07 Skoda Scout 4x4 one part listed , but on a 09 VW Tiguan 4x4 basically the same running gear it listed two and solved the problem.
It can be a change over year or a car or van version giving one a heavy duty part and not the other.
Of course a lot depends on how helpful the parts store man is:).
Hi thanks for reply.
Ive tried. I think the wheel hub has had a bush installed and different track rod installed. Nightmare city

That sounds very strange, and possible not very safe.
If that turns out to be the case, any chance of a good second hub to go back to original?
Found the perfect part. Took some research. It's listed for a fiat bumpy. Strange that it didn't come up on a number plate search at euro car parts /gsf

Attachments

• DSC_0910.JPG
    DSC_0910.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0909.JPG
    DSC_0909.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Hi Andrew I live in France and have a 2004 Scudo 2.0 JTD. Gosh I Am having exactly the same issue 2 lots of verified compatible track rod ends delivered neither pair fit. The old ones designation tells me its of a VW ?????? So can you give me some more information on the ones you were able to fit so I can see if i can get them here in France. FYI it’s seems the ones i have had delivered, that the cone is to small ??
look forward to ant help you can offer

Allan

Back