Touch up pens?

Currently reading:
Touch up pens?

steviem18

Have just bought a fiat officialtouch up pen for sum scratches around the key hole on my sei from before it had remote locking and sum stone chips and things! Will it be extremely noticable where i have touched it up?

Have a few questions on this too, i recently bumped my punto, which pushed the passenge side wing back, so the pannel was touching the door, obviously this has chipped some paint off it and now it looks white underneath, should i use a touch up pen on that? (its chipped on the edge of each pannel)

:yeahthat:

The reason touch up often looks so out of colour is because when the paint is originally applied it is in spray. The paint thickness is very thin. It is difficult to apply anywhere near as thin as this with a brush. Hence it goes on thicker and the colour looks darker. I use touch up pens on stone chips etc where the primer/metal is showing through.

Used in the right circumstances on the correct areas that are less noticable to the eye, touch ups are ideal. :)

Somebody has touched up a stone chip on the car that I just bought and IMO it's got to have made it more noticeable (anyone got any tips for making it less so? a little T-cut perhaps?)...

try t-cutting the area around it first, paint fades in the sun no matter what colour, thats why most touch ups dont match

although i'd just take it to a bodyshop and get it sprayed again

Back