General TopGear magazine - Coupe photoshoot

Currently reading:
General TopGear magazine - Coupe photoshoot

peterawlins

Hi,

I work for TopGear Magazine and we’re after a Fiat Coupe for an upcoming photoshoot for the magazine’s 30th anniversary issue. It needs to be as close to original as possible, and we’d need it August 7-8 - it's a static only shoot, so no mileage or wear and tear to worry about.

Is there anyone who'd be able to help, please?

Many thanks,

Peter

Hi,

I work for TopGear Magazine and we’re after a Fiat Coupe for an upcoming photoshoot for the magazine’s 30th anniversary issue. It needs to be as close to original as possible, and we’d need it August 7-8 - it's a static only shoot, so no mileage or wear and tear to worry about.

Many thanks,

Peter
Based where...?

Owners may not wish to cover 200 miles of m.way :)

Hi,

Many thanks,

Peter
Thanks for the tag Charlie. If you want a completely original Coupe and don't need a turbo, I can help. I would want the fuel and 1 month tax covered, and I don't think that's at all unreasonable! The car is absolutely unmolested, but I sorned it for July. Something to eat would be good - the track at Weybridge should have a good fry up....?

Contact me if you want my Coupe.

Cheers, Gavin.

My two penny worth. Having had one of our cars on Top Gear and watching their hugely expensive productions all around the world then I would advise everyone to think £s and get a good deal. Top Gear is a commercial concern selling world wide so if you give them access to your vehicle then you DO need some payback. They can afford overseas productions, expensive xxx . yyy . zzz cars, blowing up vehicles / scrap / .... so they can easily afford to reward vehicle owners for their participation.

Thanks for the tag Charlie. If you want a completely original Coupe and don't need a turbo, I can help. I would want the fuel and 1 month tax covered, and I don't think that's at all unreasonable! The car is absolutely unmolested, but I sorned it for July. Something to eat would be good - the track at Weybridge should have a good fry up....?

Contact me if you want my Coupe.

Cheers, Gavin.

Thanks very much Gavin, are you local? We've sent out a couple of enquiries but I may be in touch.

Thanks very much Gavin, are you local? We've sent out a couple of enquiries but I may be in touch.
Hi Peter,

I'm in Bucks, but know where you are - well roughly, if it's the Kinetic place I've done filming there a few times. The Panda Sisley at the start of the Wheeler Dealers episode is mine, and filmed there. I've been down there with a few cars, and driven the track in a 130 Coupe, 127, Tempra estate, etc.

It's a non turbo, which I've owned nearly 20 years. Completely original, with no modifications.

If the link works, Matt drove it a few weeks ago for his channel. Should give you a fair idea of the car.

Thanks for the tag Charlie. If you want a completely original Coupe and don't need a turbo, I can help.
I had a Coupe 20V Turbo for a number of years and IMHO they are far better than the 20V Turbo model which I have also driven.

The beauty of the non Turbo model is low down smooth power delivery and a much small turning circle. Both of these make town driving and parking easier. Better still when you get into the likes of the Dolomite and other mountain pass the hairpins with tight and steep mid corner gradient changes are easily handled and pulled through without being launched into the opposing wall when a turbo would cut in. Also excellent long distance effortless cross Europe motorway cruisers (at speed in Germany).

Also was very very reliable. Only issue I had was in the hot south of France when pulling up to a toll the engine radiator boiled over. Cause a blown 50A fan fuse. The extreme heat caused a faulty fan motor to break down. Back in the UK no issue but I replace the fan unit anyway.

Back