toad AI606 problems

Currently reading:
toad AI606 problems

I had a Toad AI606 fitted to my Marea 9 years ago, not had a problem until battery overheated and spilled acid on the siren.
Bought a replacement siren unit and put it on, the car battery was disconnected for about a day and so was the siren. When new siren installed started having probs.
When I arm the alarm the scanner unit/light fitted does not come on, but alarm works as should, but when I disarm the alarm the central locking does not work.
Central locking works normally with key, it just wont unlock when I disarm the alarm like its set to do.
Also when I disarm the alarm and unlock with key the hazard lights flash once after I start the car.
Don't want to replace it as I go no money also can't afford to take to the garage, any ideas.
HELP....!!!!

I had a Toad AI606 fitted to my Marea 9 years ago, not had a problem until battery overheated and spilled acid on the siren.
Bought a replacement siren unit and put it on, the car battery was disconnected for about a day and so was the siren. When new siren installed started having probs.
When I arm the alarm the scanner unit/light fitted does not come on, but alarm works as should, but when I disarm the alarm the central locking does not work.
Central locking works normally with key, it just wont unlock when I disarm the alarm like its set to do.
Also when I disarm the alarm and unlock with key the hazard lights flash once after I start the car.
Don't want to replace it as I go no money also can't afford to take to the garage, any ideas.
HELP....!!!!

Sounds like alarm may have been damaged but not to sure without looking at it
if the lights flash after you have started car means battery is going below alarm working voltage

is it same battery if so may be damaged pop to kwik fit for a battery test
then go from there

Ian

The original bat' back up siren was still chirping just had damaged recharable batteries, alarm worked fine with damaged siren and I couldn't buy replacement batteries so got new compact unit of ebay for £15.
The car batttery that overheated was replaced a while back, but had no siren fitted for a few days, while waiting for new one. The only problem with the alarm is it won't unlock the doors on disarm everything else is fine and it only started when new siren was put on.
Could it need reprogramming and setting back up?

Many thanks Mr T..

The original bat' back up siren was still chirping just had damaged recharable batteries, alarm worked fine with damaged siren and I couldn't buy replacement batteries so got new compact unit of ebay for £15.
The car batttery that overheated was replaced a while back, but had no siren fitted for a few days, while waiting for new one. The only problem with the alarm is it won't unlock the doors on disarm everything else is fine and it only started when new siren was put on.
Could it need reprogramming and setting back up?

Many thanks Mr T..

Programming will not change Central locking set up
it may be a bad connection on one of the wires i.e. dry joint and it just happend at that time

What siren did you fit and does it work ?

Regards Ian

My original siren was the square Toad unit with bat' back up, the replacement is a smaller round Toad unit with bat' back up.
Siren works fine, it does sound like it may be a dry joint or loose connection as it occasionally and randomly works 100% and locks unlocks as it should.
I think I will try and locate the unit and just push all the connections home, failing that just live with it.

Again many thanks Mr T...

If this helps anyone I figured out the problem.

It was the actual new siren I bought, took it apart and put it back together and all works fine now.
It would appear to be a bad connection in the new siren on the back up battery, the original siren went dead due to knackered internal batteries aswell, they had leaked and burst after 9 years use.

Toad AI606 is a great alarm well worth installing.

Back