Technical Tipo/Tempra shock upgrades

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo/Tempra shock upgrades

int92

Hi I'm new in the forum, I write from Italy. At first congratulations for thi beatiful forum.
Now I would write here my problem. I have a Fiat Tempra Sw with osrav sport shock absorbers and eibach springs. I renewed all the suspension a year ago, after I saw a strange thing, Different camber at front wheels, but i didn't know why. Last week I did some work on the car and probably I found the problem. The mechanics put two different wishbones at front. On driver side (left) a longer one from 155 coupe... and on passenger side a shorter one, original from tempra. Now the question is, I now that longer wishbones are better for camber, but in my case, longer wishbone cause more positive camber!! It is +00°56. On the other side with original wishbone I have -00°.25.
Probably The front is too low and with longer wishbone I gain more positive camber?
The wisbone in fact are not exactly perpendicular with the ground. They are a little bend
towards the track rod end.

155 Longer wish bone on std shocks = negative camber

Replacemnt SHOCK unit from 155 on std wish bone = Positive camber

The longer wish bone cannot create positive camber unless it has been bent to shorten its length! Are the osrav's for a tempra?

Back