Technical Tipo 2.0 8v - opinion?

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo 2.0 8v - opinion?

sop@

Hello everyone!
I'd like to hear your opinions about Tipo 2.0 8v Grandturismo. I decided to buy Tipo 1.6 or 2.0 8v. Previously I had Ritmo (Strada), but I crashed it by an accident so I had to sold it:(. Now, I heard a lot of good things about 1.6 engines in Tipo, but only little about 2.0 one. I'd like to buy GT more than 1.6, but also don't want to something often get failed on it (Sedici is a great car but it's also too much for me and it's hard to find good one here in Bosnia(n)). So write everything you know 'bout GT (good and bad stuffs) so to make me easier to decide which one to buy:confused: Thnx

2.0 8v GT is arguably a stronger engine than the 2.0 16v. Less to go wrong and all.

2.0 is a great engine and the most popular Tipo engine amongst the entusiasts. Keep the oil fresh and change the cambelt + waterpump reasonably regular (40,000 miles?) and it'll just keep on going and going.

I was looking at its spec and its said that acc. 0-100 kmh is in 10,5 sec and it seems to me that is a little bit too little for 2.0, but I'm lookig for a cruiser, and the reasons that I haven't choose Sedici is his enormous fuel consuption and I heard that 16v spoils more often than 8v and that 8v is easier to maintain than a 16v one, is that true? How much fuel did it spend (I mean real fuel consumption:))?

I would love to have a GT tipo - then run it on twin carbs. At least I could make full use of Guy Croft's book and DVD. Great car go for it.

Rich

I was looking at its spec and its said that acc. 0-100 kmh is in 10,5 sec and it seems to me that is a little bit too little for 2.0, but I'm lookig for a cruiser, and the reasons that I haven't choose Sedici is his enormous fuel consuption and I heard that 16v spoils more often than 8v and that 8v is easier to maintain than a 16v one, is that true? How much fuel did it spend (I mean real fuel consumption:))?

I had 1992 Tipo 2.0 GT for about 2 years and I could get up to 12 km/l if I drove nicely and down to about 8-9 km/l if I drove like a mad man.
the engine isn't that powerful (only 113hp from a 2.0) but it drives nicely, as it's an 8v engine it has a lot of low end torque, great for cruising. (y)
It used about 1 liter of oil for every 10k km, so I wasn't complaining about that.
Eventually I sold it for more economical car (Punto JTD), due to rising fuel prices in Denmark at the time, but I still miss it sometimes. :)

Back