Technical Timing belt damage or no?

Currently reading:
Technical Timing belt damage or no?

andreas1

Is my 2.0 jtd 2005 8V scudo engine screwed because timing belt broke?(no noise, warning, nothing, just turned off.)
I'm led to believe that 8V engines may not be damaged whereas 16V will? Can someone please put me out of my misery before I do something stupid? And why can't I find any definitive list of non-interference engines vs interference on european cars?

Is my 2.0 jtd 2005 8V scudo engine screwed because timing belt broke?(no noise, warning, nothing, just turned off.)
I'm led to believe that 8V engines may not be damaged whereas 16V will? Can someone please put me out of my misery before I do something stupid? And why can't I find any definitive list of non-interference engines vs interference on european cars?
RHX and RHZ engines according to my 2012 Autodata Timing belt book are described as "Interference " engines , the same with the later 07 onwards Scudo 2litre Diesels so sorry , it sounds like you are scr*wed.:(
Furthermore if you take head off it is possible you will find con rod damage, shown by one piston lower down than it's partner by a couple of mm, I have seen this on Peugeot Expert with same engine I believe and also Iveco Daily Sofim 2.8 engines like Ducato.
If you can get a copy of this manual it covers most European cars and light commercials, giving timing belt fitting instructions etc. plus whether or not "interference.
If you want to confirm engine series number/letters as above I can photo the pages for you tomorrow.

Back