ticking sound when driving

Currently reading:
ticking sound when driving

I have a 60 Plate Evo with 28k on the clock, bought it at 23k.

I recently started to notice a clicking sound, especially when driving through narrow roads (where the sound rebounds) and mcdonalds drive thru etc. When stationary it still makes a sound and increases in speed (of the clicking) when reving, so im guessing its something to do with the belt?

Ive seen a post from 2009 about this which sounded like a similar problem but its old, and a bit confusing so thats why ive made a new one.

Thank you.
_________

I had a similar issue on a brand new 500L with a clicking/ticking noise but this only kicked in after a certain speed and the noise stayed the same no matter what speed you were doing after it had started, turned out to be my front bumper vibrating against something apparently.

Not saying this is the issue with yours but it could be something similar to it.

I had a similar issue on a brand new 500L with a clicking/ticking noise but this only kicked in after a certain speed and the noise stayed the same no matter what speed you were doing after it had started, turned out to be my front bumper vibrating against something apparently.

Not saying this is the issue with yours but it could be something similar to it.

hmm.. ive checked the tyres for any stones etc but I still think its something to do with the engine or belt itself purely because it increases in ticking when I put more throttle on.

Back