General This has to be something you don't see everyday

Currently reading:
General This has to be something you don't see everyday

Stuartl

Maranellohouse.com
panda_engine_and_ferrari_engine.jpg

I took the engine out of the MK1 today and parked it beside the 308's engine. Poor thing looked lost.

What is the 308 engine from?

Can't be Ferrari can it? Thought the 308 was V8...unless your only showing us one bank. And come to think....that is one VERY slanted 4 cylinder engine!!

So yes, after that conversation with myself...I have decided that it is indeed a Ferrari 308 engine.

How come its out?

Last edited:
is this the latest anti theft device remove the engine from all your cars:p hows the sisley you started it yet?

:ROFLMAO: Erm yes engines on the floor seem to be a recurring theme at the moment. I've to go get an engine from a Sie Sporting next week as it's going into the Sisley to give it a little more poke for towing the 500 to shows. I won't be starting it until I get the MK1 done although I now have all the bits I need for it, excellent doors, bonnet and boot from the french Panda, electric windows, central locking, brand new full lock set, blue key fitment for the ignition. Like the lancia I've just finished I'm planning on the Sisley being my last Panda ground up resto so as you can see I've some nice little features to be placed in the resto but they have to be done tastefully so as not to detract from the original feel. It's a project I'm really looking forward to. Probably be well into the new year though before I get started.

alexbpl you've just had the same type of conversation I usually have with myself on here (y) Yes its the engine out of my 1980 GTS. I took it out last year I think it was as it needs a bulk ring in the gearbox replaced. I haven't the tools (or I'd have had it done by now) so the mate was to do it, but he took ill and I've been waiting for him to get better so it's been sitting in one corner gathering dust while the cars set in the other.

interesting, isn't it a 308 engine used in the thema 8.32, we were discussing in the tipo section whether that engine would fit a tipo, and it actually looks like it might......

I'm afraid its a common misconception that the 8.32 engine is the same as a 308, they don't have any common parts at all. Although the 8.32 engine was designed by Ferrari it was built by Ducati and then fitted to the Lancia. The build was given to Ducati to basically keep the factory going due to a slump in sales.
I had a Tipo and I doubt the engine and all its bits would fit, its a very tight squeeze in the Lancia as it is and would make the car very nose heavy, plus the expence of the engine. Better to drop in a thema turbo engine, its quicker

I concur with Stuart. I've had a few Thema Turbo LS models and have driven an 8.32 Thema. The turbo is quicker accelerating and better handling due to lower weight. Doesn't sound as nice though.

Back