Picture074-1.jpg

The CRX07 Vehicle! Non Fiat caution clicking could be dangerous

Introduction

Presenting the ASTRAoid! (my name for the old gal) and my Diabetes UK charity car.

A snip at £100 with 6 months MOT and Tax!

1.6 with 156k :eek: but it hasnt missed a beat and ive had it up to 110 on my private track before it seemed to be telling me that was enough.

Put has a lot of modern features - The windows and mirrors are electronically operated (although the drivers one takes an age to go down) The doors open via central locking

It even has a sunroof and get this......a CD player! :eek: :eek:

The drivers door does not accept the key at all but opens once passenger door is unlocked, missing a wheel trim and very minimal rust on one of the rear arches.

The only other problem is the interior and the colour of it all. The designer deserves to go to hell.

Enjoy!

Picture074-1.jpg

Picture075-1.jpg

Picture076-1.jpg

Picture077-1.jpg
In terms of cleanliness it isnt too bad.

In terms of a design of a cabin, interior colour and schemes, it is crap!

Its no chav car :p I am going for a GB theme with it!

marshall936 said:
Gear gaitor's a bit worn, have you been ragging her around too much or something:D

The gear gaitor wear is common on vauxhalls.

As ive only had her since Monday the answer is no......

That blue interior. Didn't the older (ie early 80's) model Japanese cars (Mazda, Nissan, etc) come with that same interior? They must have all got together and sold these interiors as a job lot to Vauxhall!

SkinzCinqSporting said:
Wooooot suicide mobile, wonder what it makes to flat out on the autobahn?

Well i had 110 the other day but had 120 today that seemed to say that was that. For 156k 13 year old car its pretty good.

Certainly faster than my cento and probably your cinq :p

AppleSei said:
Well i had 110 the other day but had 120 today that seemed to say that was that. For 156k 13 year old car its pretty good.

Certainly faster than my cento and probably your cinq :p

Mine's hit 110, downhill, private track ;)

I agree, for a saggy engine like that, pretty good.

it'll be fine.
will make it there and back and run around blighty for a few years to come.

Not sure why you lot are slating it. its cheap as you like motoring.
you can use it for as long as you want. then if you can't sell it, you'll still see £60 return at scrappers (although I doubt it needs any of that).

interior is fowl. but no where near as fowl as the big jap saloon car's. usually tan brown, and EVERYTHING is one shade of depressing brown or another. being in one (like a taxi etc) for more than 10mins will actually make you feel bad and depressed, and more than 15mins and you'll cry:cry: they really are freaking YUK>

i always liked the blue astra interior, back in the day it was special, i've even seen a blue gsi that had the blue interior stuck in to match.

end of the day, i've owned much worse :eek:

Its been a struggle with this car but today i am reaping the rewards as unbe-f***ing-leiveably it today has passed its MOT with no advisories!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Simply over the moon with it, especially as it has done barely 100 miles since late 2006! Embarassed I thought it would be dodgy on the emissions side of it, however the tester said it was unbelievably clean on the emissions side for a car of its miles and age, even commenting that hed had a lot lot worse that day on newer vehicles!

I will confess ive had to spend a bit of money on it to get it through though although not the £300 i was originally qouted! :eek:

I have been advised to get some redex to clean out the injectors which will do nearer the time, this may improve the MPG as well. :)

Ive also got to get the rubber hanging for the backbox as this snapped whilst it was on the RR. :p

Other than that its all good.

No new pics as it looks the same barring it now has 2 different sets of wheel trims...and one of those is missing :D

So thought i would resurrect this thread to rejoice and let it have about 31.789 (although that may be too long for some people) seconds of fame :worship:

Good on ya gal (y)

Back