Panda 2012+ Thanks from Madam yap

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Thanks from Madam yap

madam yap

Dear All who have replied to my last thread - I cannot thank you enough for your time, and honest " Hands on Table " thoughts, experiences and advice. You cannot buy it, very precious.
Anyway, I will try to respond :-

I can quite believe that these surveys are not always honest, and very likely weighted by those with angst and gripes. Nevertheless there has to be some reason for the Fiat marque establishing itself so firmly, over the years, around the bottom of the pile.

I was convinced that now the New Fiat Plant near Naples was in production things had taken a serious turn for the better.
I do follow Top Gear, which is sort of half serious and half a joke, but when they voted the Panda 4 x 4 as the best SUV of 2012, I was really impressed. But maybe they did this for effect ?

Some of you commented that the Panda is a cheap car, and you get what you pay for. Value for money, in other words. Mind you the fully loaded Panda 4 x 4 I have in mind ( accounting for the add on's ) will cost in excess of £17,000, which is not exactly peanuts, and I would expect to get a really decent small car for that amount.

I agree from what you say, that whatever you buy, you could sadly end up with a Lemon. However if one is fortunate enough to have a decent Dealership that ought to be able to be resolved. I take serious note of your advice to pick the Dealership you buy from very carefully.

Some of you studied many other makes before deciding on the Panda, as did I. And in spite of a raft of New Small " City cars " recently introduced to the market, some from so called " Top End " Brands, I also settled on the Panda. There is something about that car I cannot easily define, but it sort of grabs you. And that in spite of all the other " safer " choices.

Thanks to those that have owned these Top End Brands, and are now just as happy with their Panda's and other Fiats.
Yes, I have considered keeping my much loved Honda CRV Diesel I bought new in 2005. It has now done 68,000, but seems as good as ever. I may do that, but I still will want to buy the Panda 4 x 4. Current owners of Panda's all seem to be very satisfied with their cars. The sad fuel tank saga is worrying, but by now unless Fiat are fast asleep, cars being built currently should have had this problem resolved ?

I note that the 4 x 4 Panda has a slightly smaller tank at 35 Litres. However that is about 7.7 UK gallons, and should ( if statistics are to be believed ) give a range of 400 miles plus, which is fine with me.

The Panda 4 x 4 is a tough little car, and not without loads of charm and appeal. So taking all your valued comments together, I can say that my confidence and resolve have been reinstated to the point that I WILL go ahead, trust my instinct, hope for the best, and keep my fingers crossed !
Best regards to all - Madam Yap

Good decision. Great choice :)

Seconded, and I sincerely hope you won't have cause to regret your choice!

Unfortunately it's still too early for me to be able to speak from experience-
and I now do little enough motoring to acquire it very rapidly...

Chris

Back