General Temp sensor

Currently reading:
General Temp sensor

Hi all,
I wat to replace my temp sensor but the first problem I've found is that I can't get the connector off the sensor! I've removed the yellow slide which I assume was a locking device. The connector moves but won't come off. Am I doing something wrong or is it just that it's a Fiat!
Help!!

I'ts like the most easiest thing to do on the car.
Push in the metal bracket on the side and just pull the whole connector off.

Then replace sensor with copper ring, use a decent spanner for this.
You'll lose some coolant so remember to bleed the air out and top up

I'ts like the most easiest thing to do on the car.
Push in the metal bracket on the side and just pull the whole connector off.

Then replace sensor with copper ring, use a decent spanner for this.
You'll lose some coolant so remember to bleed the air out and top up
Thanks for that Bollie but obviously my sensor has a different set up. There is no metal bracket. The sensor plug and socket are shaped so that they can't be connected the wrong way round, the cable also has hanging from it a small yellow plastic key which I assume stops the sensor and socket from becoming disconnected by locking them together. Any other suggestions

Ta. I worked out that the yellow piece was some sort of security and removed it but can't work out which bit to press or lift.
You'd think I'd know better after - AR 1600GT Junior, AR 2000GTV, AR Sud Sprint Veloce, Tipo 2ltr 16v, 2 X1/9, Panda classic 4X4, Panda 1000 basic, and 2 Doblo!
I shall keep trying

Thanks for that Crachat, it might have worked but I gave away the big angle grinder a couple of months ago. And as you say retirement is hard work, what you left out was that the longer the retirement the harder it gets!
frown.gif

Still doesn't help with my problem.

Back