Technique, Technique & Technique

Currently reading:
Technique, Technique & Technique

Right so went to wax the brav and whilst i was doing it stood wondering what are peoples favorite wash/wax/shine methods and procedures??

personally i;
washed with 'unbranded' car shampoo,
dried with a microfibre lol
waxed with the ever desireable wilkinsons 99p wax (worked really well)
removed with a chamois.

question is how do you all do it? i managed great results tbh and dont think it would be any better with any other wax without claying first as its quite spidered.

my paint feels so smooth and shiney and waterproof lol its brill. so is this how you all do it?

lol love it...:)

i really wanna clay my car to make the paint perfect. lol.

honestly though what are the advantages of expensive wax? surley they jsut last longer? the effect to begin with cant be any different?? (not taking **** genuinly dont get how they are better)

Posted that from the phone, was gona come back with a serious answer. Right, time for a lengthy post :lol:

Having read my threads on DW about the different waxes/sealants that get used as a LSP (Last Step Product) does cost make a difference? Honestly, I don't know. It really depends what your after from the wax/sealant, durability, shine, easy application, liquid, paste, spray. There is a huge market and different types of products to try and suit every ones tastes and needs.

Whilst one day I do plan on buying a pricey wax, some companies do panel pots which allow you to try out a high end wax at a reasonable price. I've currently got 4 dodo juice panel pots, on the cento there will be loads of coats from just one pot. These cost about £6-12 for the panel pot, £6 = £35 & £12 = £99 per pot.

There are loads of really good cheaper (about £20) full sized waxes that are well worth trying, for us locally there isn't much choice that I'm aware of so internet suppliers are the way forward.

My problem and that shared with many of the people on DW is you get addicted to buying products, many will buy a product use it once, twice maybe a few more times then sell it on. Personally, I still have all my collection and although I do like to use the same branded products together I still use all the products I have on rotation.

Clock34 said:
Right so went to wax the brav and whilst i was doing it stood wondering what are peoples favorite wash/wax/shine methods and procedures??

personally i;
washed with 'unbranded' car shampoo, Choice of 5
dried with a microfibre lol 1 uber, 1 fluffy & 1 waffle drying towel
waxed with the ever desireable wilkinsons 99p wax (worked really well) can believe it, many rate poundlands own. I have few
removed with a chamois. applied with foam or microfibre applicators and removed with lots of microfibres

question is how do you all do it? i managed great results tbh and dont think it would be any better with any other wax without claying first as its quite spidered.

my paint feels so smooth and shiney and waterproof lol its brill. so is this how you all do it?

Claying won't remove the spidered look, it'll remove the bonded contaminants which you'll be surprised how much the clay takes out the paint. Following that, use a cleanser which dependant on type will fill the spiders masking them. Topping that with the LSP, waxes generally give a glowing look and sealants give a colder clinical look.

Machine polish with different compunds will get rid of it :) .

I machined polish the cappo with finish compound finished with wax, car is like a mirror, but i done it yesterday and didn't have a camera handy. I'll try and get some pics tomorroe!

Ming

YcMing said:
Machine polish with different compunds will get rid of it :) .

I machined polish the cappo with finish compound finished with wax, car is like a mirror, but i done it yesterday and didn't have a camera handy. I'll try and get some pics tomorroe!

Ming

agreed, whilst a cleanser (Autoglym SRP for instance) will mask the scratches, machine polishing them is the only way to remove them properly, without the need for a respray. If you've not looked yet, have a look at the Abarth 500 I linked that has been machine polished and the difference is pretty visible on a brand new car.

Back