Technical Technical Help Wanted Please!!

Currently reading:
Technical Technical Help Wanted Please!!

Curt Davis

I have just purchased a Y Reg Fiat Marea estate.
I have the air bag warning light on and the Amber Coloured angine light iluminated..
Is this something I can repair my self or will it have to go into a garage?
Thanks for your time.
Curt:bang:

the airbag light staying on happens when battery has been off the car its not a problem it has been on in both my weekends and isnt mot failure not sure about the other one

I have just purchased a Y Reg Fiat Marea estate.
I have the air bag warning light on and the Amber Coloured angine light iluminated..
Is this something I can repair my self or will it have to go into a garage?
Thanks for your time.
Curt:bang:

No not something you can repair yourself. Its a good idea to get the car to fiat or a good auto electrician and get a diagnostic done on the car. (£20 at auto electrician). Obtain the error codes and let them reset the lights.

Having the airbag illuminated means the airbag wont work in the event of an accident. Even though you'll pass an MOT, the airbag wont save your life.

The engine management light means there is a fault with some or more parts of the vehicles engine. I.e Sensor. The car will be in limp mode until you get it fixed, you'll suffer higher MPGs. The fault may of been fixed before you bought the car, but the light needs resetting sometimes.

Which model is it, and is petrol or diesel? The drivers airbag is contacted via a clock spring inside the steering wheel hub and it's not something i would work on personally, of course the fault may be easier than that.

When I get any car into my workshop with a warning light on I instruct the mechanic to just make a note of the fault code and reset the light the first time. Treat is the same as you would your home computer and reboot it assuming some glitch or spike has caused it to hang up. If the light comes back then some further investigation is warranted.

Back