Technical swap cooler/heater box for seat

Currently reading:
Technical swap cooler/heater box for seat

pawel1

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a Multipla for a while and finally found one that appears not to be on its last legs, but it has the optional cooler instead of a seat in the front and we need the 6 seats.

I haven't yet stood in front of it as it is in Suffolk and I am in Brighton, so before I shlep up there I could do with some advice, I see there have been a few posts on this topic but not for a while so wondered whats needed and just how complicated it all is.

Is it basically unbolting and unplugging fridge whip it out and then bolt in a seat?
I see all front seats need to be removed and airbags unplugged are there any probs to be aware of?
I'm half useful with a spanner is this a couple of hours or a couple of days work?
Is the front middle different to rear middle seat when on my scrappie challenge hunt?
Carpets, will I need any trim parts once the fridge is out?
Is there anything else I should know.

Really hope you can help,
Thanks in advance, Paul,

I'd swap my seat for that cooler but I'm in Ireland!! Anyhow the front seats... unplug the airbags(ignition off)... its simple... also as there's a second plug under drivers seat for powering the electric height adjustment. You have to remove drivers and passengers seat first to access bolts for centre seat I assume it may be the same for cooler. The bolts can be quite tight... but guess what?!!.. they can be seen protruding under the car... 5 minutes under these car with a wire brush on the threads and then a bit of oil will save you a lot of time and effort. I've had mine out a few times... often left the middle front out for months on end.
There's s few plastic panels to be taken off the back of drivers and passengers seats to expose the bolts(slide seat forward taking off back bolts... slide it back taking off front bolts). You'd have them in and out in not much more than an hour, but clean up the threadslike I said first. Marty.

If I'm not too late, I can do a swap, I'm in Wolverhampton but if it suits you we could meet half way?
Let me know
George
I am presuming Fiat didn't change the design of the seats between models - they seem to like changing bits at random times.
Also, what colour is the present seats in your bug, just so you don't end up with a mismatch

Last edited:
Back