General Stolen 2015 4x4

Currently reading:
General Stolen 2015 4x4

“Since 2012 nobody as far as I know
Has opened the door without a key and not locked down the BCM“

Seriously dude, you not being aware of something is not going to stop it happening 😂. This is going on.

Still have both keys from buying it as new. Parked too far away for any relay technique even if it was keyless entry. Never had a key copy made. Key never left my pocket other than in the house and the same main dealer for servicing ( no guarantee of everyone being squeaky clean there I admit).

This is happening whether you understand how or not and I wish I’d been given the heads-up before so I could consider adding some other deterrent. Telling people it can’t be true really is giving them a false sense of security.

Take it easy, M

The Panda”s wheel always did seem quite chunky so I’m not massively surprised at that.. In the back of my mind is the thought that after managing to get in the car then defeat the immobiliser then starting the car, will a wheel bar prove that much of an obstacle? Wish I’d had one now to be fair though.

A steering lock won't stop a determined thief. But it will deter a casual one. The tactics involved in fitting one are to make the theft a longer, noisier business and so make someone else's car an easier target than yours.

The Auto Express test I linked to is worth a look. As far as traditional steering locks are concerned, only the Stoplock Pro and Milenco HS caused their vehicle security expert any difficulties, and of those only the Milenco fits the Panda's wheel.

A steering lock won't stop a determined thief. But it will deter a casual one. The tactics involved in fitting one are to make the theft a longer, noisier business and so make someone else's car an easier target than yours.

The Auto Express test I linked to is worth a look. As far as traditional steering locks are concerned, only the Stoplock Pro and Milenco HS caused their vehicle security expert any difficulties, and of those only the Milenco fits the Panda's wheel.
I agree, convince the thief there are easier targets else where.
Years ago a friend of mine used to leave his Lotus 7 unlocked at the side of the street whilst enjoying a pint in the local, in the full knowledge that the car along with his massive German Shepard dog sat on passenger seat would always be there.;)

That reminds me of the old joke about the scouse kids hassling a bloke outside a pub.

”Fiver to watch your car, mister?”

”I’m not worried about the car, there’s a German Shepherd in the passenger seat.”

”Does it put out fires?”

• Haha
Reactions: ben
That reminds me of the old joke about the scouse kids hassling a bloke outside a pub.

”Fiver to watch your car, mister?”

”I’m not worried about the car, there’s a German Shepherd in the passenger seat.”

”Does it put out fires?”
Ha, Ha. :) Say No, but it can eat small children!
Strangely the pub was in a rough area, but you could safely leave your wallet on the bar when going to the toilet and know it would be there on your return. The barman was known that if you complained about a drink , he would sniff it, then down it, saying it tasted alright to me! We cured him by doing it with a vodka glass full of cockle juice. The good old days;)

“Since 2012 nobody as far as I know
Has opened the door without a key and not locked down the BCM“
Triggers
door(s) open
ignition on
unrecognized key
alarm on

Consequence
no obd communication

Body control module can only be reset via a previously learnt remote key

But shutting doors, turning ignition so on still no OBD communication

I can not see any loopholes here unless the programmer left a back door. (Unlikely)

Other car word soon spreads such as climbing in through the boot on the ford ST

shed loads of BCM are changed by the dealer because even they are locked out.

It is possible to swap out the BCM and ECU and dive off.

Seriously dude, you not being aware of something is not going to stop it happening 😂. This is going on.
Plugging something in a none functioning OBD port seems unlikely to me
Still have both keys from buying it as new. Parked too far away for any relay technique even if it was keyless entry. Never had a key copy made. Key never left my pocket other than in the house and the same main dealer for servicing ( no guarantee of everyone being squeaky clean there I admit).
Loads of people have had access to your keys. Several Drivers, Cleaners , Mechanics, pre sale prepare, Sales staff. Quite a few demonstrators have been stolen from one garage because they were letting customers take them out on there own and the were driving around the corner to a locksmith and fitting a tracker and coping the key. It takes only a few seconds to download the data from a key
This is happening whether you understand how or not and I wish I’d been given the heads-up before so I could consider adding some other deterrent.
Correct.

In some areas its 1 in 10

I feel you pain and upset. However relocating the OBD port or disconnect it’s wires so they can’t us it isn’t going to help in most cases

A second or third level of defence would probably have choose an easy target. But even that doesn’t help against a dolly or flatbed

It’s also important to lock the car with the remote, and confirm it has locked. There are remote readers and blockers about.
Telling people it can’t be true really is giving them a false sense of security.

Take it easy, M
I am not

I am saying if lock with the remote

As far as I know nobody has picked a lock and bypassed the BCM by sticking something in the obdii port yet

Loads of people have been caught and equipment seized

Remote blocker so you think it’s locked but isn’t, (then you can go in via the OBD port)

Relay systems,

Keys and cloning equipment,

Nothing as yet in the newspapers or police reports hint of a magic device. Like the master key for Mercedes’ a few decades ago

If had a car that was likely to be stolen I would fit a tracker. Professionals will move the car then wait for a bit to see if a tracker is fitted

I have to park my car on the street and have always used a Disklok (small size), it's a bit big and heavy but seems to have worked so far. Never really trusted all the new electronic security devices.
What typre of disc lock it it please.

I fear that with 4x4 no longer being available and the market being strong these cars are now at increased risk. I am going to take a few steps tp make sure mine doesnt go AWOL hence the question about a disclock.

Have sent them an email asking about this, so let's see what they reply with ....

And here we go..

Hi Ben,
Thanks for contacting us!

I’ll try to answer your question as best as I can, considering that I’m not from strictly from technical team.

FIAT Bypass does NOT disable the alarm. As the product description says, it works e.g. in the case of a damaged/desynchronised key code. It allows for an emergency start of the car, using the metal blade part of the key + Fiat Bypass plugged into the OBD2 port (in case of 2017 and newer models, it’s required to use an SGW Adapter and connect the device to SGW module instead of OBD2 port).

___
Best regards,
Piotr

So this puts the odb live answer to bed then (I assume locking with the keyfob is also arming the alarm?).

Here in Finland an insurance company didn't think one could steal a ten year old Fiat Punto and refused to compensate. They took her keys too because they suspected a fraud. That's why I don't take premium insurance for my car because any car over 10 years old is not covered and if it's a Fiat.

According to the insurance companies it is virtually impossible to steal any modern car fitted with an immobilizer. It's very convenient for them anyway. What i've read, those thieves have scanners which can intercept communication between car and the key and then clone a working key for the vehicle without the owner knowing anything. It varies, sometimes they can read the key's code remotely even when it's inside the building in a drawer for example.

Surely it makes bypassing the system almost impossible for a common thief though.

“Loads of people have had access to your keys. Several Drivers, Cleaners , Mechanics,”

UPDATE: just off the phone to the police. Turns out it was the cleaner who nicked it.

For everyone else on planet sane think about a wheel lock or something coz you don’t need the keys to nick these.
M

What typre of disc lock it it please.

I fear that with 4x4 no longer being available and the market being strong these cars are now at increased risk. I am going to take a few steps tp make sure mine doesnt go AWOL hence the question about a disclock.
Sorry for the delay, only just read your message. Its called a DISKLOK and is still advertised on Amazon and Halfords at around £140. Expensive, but it's a substantial bit of kit. Comes in 2 sizes and I use the small size on my Cross.

Back