Technical Steering...

Currently reading:
Technical Steering...

I own a 1.3Multijet and today had the car in for repairs. I got a courtesy car which was a 1.2 or 1.4 petrol (not too sure tbh) and the steering had more resistance to it, like you could actually feel what the tyres were doing underneath the car.

Tyre pressures on the petrol were correct. Why is my steering lighter compared to that courtesy car I received today?? (pressures in my own car are also right) :confused:

I own a 1.3Multijet and today had the car in for repairs. I got a courtesy car which was a 1.2 or 1.4 petrol (not too sure tbh) and the steering had more resistance to it, like you could actually feel what the tyres were doing underneath the car.

Tyre pressures on the petrol were correct. Why is my steering lighter compared to that courtesy car I received today?? (pressures in my own car are also right) :confused:

Its probably all in your head, all gp's have very light steering and little feel!

Nah this wasn't in my head at all. The car was heavier at the front for definate, I'm going to try something today... :devil:

Nah this wasn't in my head at all. The car was heavier at the front for definate, I'm going to try something today... :devil:

To be fair i havent driven another gp so cant definately say they all feel the same. Maybe there is a weight difference in petrols and diesels. This could explain the better feel and weightiness of the steering

In the manual for my 1.3 diesel it states that the front tyres should have a pressure of 2.4bar and rear tyres should be 2.1bar.

When I checked on that Tyre Pressures.com website it states that my tyre pressures should be 2.2bar for front and 2.1bar for rear.

The diesel doesn't feel as planted as the petrol I drove.

Back