Steering lock and key codes

Currently reading:
Steering lock and key codes

ghsaunders40

I have a 2009 GP and cannot seem to be able to activate the steering lock. The manual says it has one, but I can't get it to work. Also when I collected the car I did not get any key codes, the dealer told me that this is new a security practice and insurance companies are asking dealers not to supply them when the car is new. Anyone else found this??

I have a 2009 GP and cannot seem to be able to activate the steering lock. The manual says it has one, but I can't get it to work. Also when I collected the car I did not get any key codes, the dealer told me that this is new a security practice and insurance companies are asking dealers not to supply them when the car is new. Anyone else found this??

you tried wiggling the steering wheel when the car is off the lock should cut in at about 1/8th of a turn either way when the key is out... IIRC there was a complaint in the GP section where someones wasn't working a while ago..

the dealer is right about the key codes they are held by ISR (that label on your passenger side window) and you should have got a form to register your details onto their system..

http://www.retainagroup.com/fr_vehicle.htm

Back