General Steel wheels - 16 x 7J ET35?

Currently reading:
General Steel wheels - 16 x 7J ET35?

u33db

Hi,

I am after some 16" steel (winter) wheels for my car and came across these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-500-Abarth-Original-7Jx16-Steel-Winter-Wheels-White-195-45R16-Nexen/284160824543

They seem ideal as they are both a 7J and also a better offset.

Some questions though;

- The part is A447 4810 O 11102 51900038 - if this definately a Fiat part number?

- Are these made specifically for the Abarth (and therefore likely to be expensive), or are they just steels off another model - if so, what?

- Any ideas how much the wheels would be from a dealer?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
After a lot of searching and Google finding this post several times, I found the wheels mentioned in the OP are genuine Fiat wheels from a winter wheel and tyre set they sell. The part number mentioned isn't the Fiat number. The German seller above was saying that I needed to pay VAT in Germany and again in UK. So bought them from Italy. They were harder to find as they aren't listed as 'steel wheels'. When they arrive I'll post about the fitment and any import issues. Sorry to open an old post, but hopefully this will help others searching the internet for A500 steel wheels and tyres.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38316233...DibKggKS12&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
After a lot of searching and Google finding this post several times, I found the wheels mentioned in the OP are genuine Fiat wheels from a winter wheel and tyre set they sell. The part number mentioned isn't the Fiat number. The German seller above was saying that I needed to pay VAT in Germany and again in UK. So bought them from Italy. They were harder to find as they aren't listed as 'steel wheels'. When they arrive I'll post about the fitment and any import issues. Sorry to open an old post, but hopefully this will help others searching the internet for A500 steel wheels and tyres.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38316233...DibKggKS12&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
The delivery from Italy was smooth. They arrived extremely well packed on a little pallet. I had to pay around £100 in fees and for the paperwork to be completed by someone who knows which boxes to tick. The wheels are great and I've been getting plenty of comments about how good they look on my white car. These are genuine wheels for the Abarth 500, with the correct 35mm offset. There is a noticeable difference in ride quality over the 17's I have for the summer. Also, I notice the extra grip when it's cold, however when the temperature gets warmer, I get the opposite effect. I now have a few more weeks to get 17's cleaned up and ready for the summer.

One little issue is that all Fiat 500s only have hub nut caps on the rear, so when I fitted the wheels I had to buy some for the front. I got some 50mm trailer caps from Ebay and these do the job well.

The only thing I don´t understand is, why Fiat is homologating only the 195/45R16 tyres for 16 inch wheels and not the 205/45R16 as they would be more close to the diameter of the 205/40R17.

I think for winter tyres you want a skinny tyre, since the tyre doesn't grip by riding over the snow, but rather by biting through the slush onto any tarmac it can reach.

A too-wide tyre will reduce the ground pressure and will not sink into the snow, which would ultimately be better if the snow is 20cm deep.. but you would probably stay home if that was the case, or use chains. For slush and mud, a skinny tyre is the boss..

Ralf S.

O.K. in this case the 185/50R16 would be an Alternative without reducing the ground clearance.
I run 195/55R15 on Barchetta steellies, but I don´t have the Brembo brakes.

Back